Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

19 weeks not much movement

(12 Posts)
babynelly2010 Sun 13-Nov-16 07:31:48

At 17 weeks I felt the baby. I could feel her pretty much every day but in last week or so, I dont really feel her. Couple of times I did but then not really. My placenta is fundal. Should I worry?

SpaceDinosaur Sun 13-Nov-16 07:38:02

If you are worried, which you clearly are then the best advice is to call your Maternity triage (their number should be on the front of your notes)

They are BRILLIANT with things like this. Most likely they will get you in straight away and monitor baby. Reassures you and them that everything is ok.

BeBopTalulah Sun 13-Nov-16 07:45:35

I'm still at the stage where I think baby is moving, but I'm not sure, 19 weeks too. I've been using a doppler, which is the only reason I haven't contacted midwife so far. I would give them a phone for your peace of mind.

nervoussam Sun 13-Nov-16 08:16:01

Always call if unsure. But lots of people don't feel proper movement till gone 20 weeks. The main thing is if movement patterns have changed, but midwife will be happy to take your call and reassure you or check you out.

tellyjots Sun 13-Nov-16 10:00:00

Have you tried drinking some coke, not advisable to have copious amounts but i was advised to at a can and it got baby moving.

Lj8893 Sun 13-Nov-16 10:09:26

It's still very early days for your baby to have a pattern of movements so try not to worry too much. Do call your MW for advice though they won't be able to monitor you at 19weeks. But they can have a listen in and help reassure you.

Please don't use a Doppler on yourself, to an untrained ear a feral heartbeat can sound fine but could actually be in distress. Whenever your concerned contact a MW/Triage.

Lj8893 Sun 13-Nov-16 10:09:52

*fetal not feral!

raviolidreaming Sun 13-Nov-16 10:23:53

I've been using a doppler, which is the only reason I haven't contacted midwife so far

As Lj said, do not rely on a home doppler for reassurance if you are not trained to use one.

SpaceDinosaur Sun 13-Nov-16 11:57:25

Absolutely agreeing with the "don't ever ever use a Doppler" comments. They are medical equipment and you don't know what you're actually hearing unless you are trained.

I post this image every time someone mentions using a bloody Doppler.

Nikki2ol6 Sun 13-Nov-16 12:44:33

It's fine to use a Doppler to listen to your baby but you should never use a Doppler for reassurance (unless you are like 9 weeks like I was and stopped being sick for 2 days) if your baby is not moving or moving less or more you need to be seen but this advice is generally for over 24 weeks. At 19 weeks a baby is very small and can get into positions and turn around where you won't feel much. So I would not worry but if you are worried which we can see you are you need to call maternity assessment unit (number should be in your notes) and tell them what's wrong they will decide what to do next

raviolidreaming Sun 13-Nov-16 13:11:51

That's an excellent poster, SpaceDinosaur.

babynelly2010 Sun 13-Nov-16 21:34:19

Had a restful day in bed and felt the baby, coke drink really helped smile thank you for all the advise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now