Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby flips when i move. Confused and worried

(11 Posts)
user1471927379 Sun 13-Nov-16 02:56:00

Hi everyone. I am 37 weeks pregnant and i noticed my when i moved sides i could feel my baby fall on the side i was laying on? Normally her bum is just above my left side and really hard to move but today its just sliding around. I still feel movements just freaked out.

user1471927379 Sun 13-Nov-16 04:10:48

Anyone?

GruffaloPants Sun 13-Nov-16 04:20:18

Sounds like she has just changed position?

isthistoonosy Sun 13-Nov-16 04:25:36

Has she dropped down?

dylexicdementor11 Sun 13-Nov-16 06:59:14

If you are worried, call your midwife. That's what they are there for. Amongst other things of course!

Mungobungo Sun 13-Nov-16 07:03:44

Is she moving normally and following her normal pattern?

If her movements have changed in any way you MUST contact the delivery suite or triage of the local hospital. Please do this.

Mungobungo Sun 13-Nov-16 07:10:49

'If you are worried, call your midwife. That's what they are there for. Amongst other things of course!'

This is terrible advice. At 37 weeks the OP should be telephoning triage or delivery suite, not wasting time phoning a midwife who will refer her to triage and who, when the OP posted would unlikely answer her phone in he middle of the night, leading o OP potentially waiting hours to try again or leaving a voicemail. Not safe. After 20 weeks any concerns get referred to the hospital. Please don't tell people to phone their midwife. The midwife won't be at work 24-7 and won't be able to do anything to help, unlike the hospital.

I hope that OP did go and get help

user1471927379 Sun 13-Nov-16 07:12:02

Should of explained. I am in hospital till my due date and literally before this happened i was taken off the monitor five minutes before. She's still moving normally..my belly just feels super weird.

user1471927379 Sun 13-Nov-16 08:41:12

Mentioned this to midwife and she did not seem concerned one bit as she's moving so well. Tbh i think this may have been happening before but i only noticed it last night because her foot was poking out and when i moved her foot slid to the other side which i guess would make perfect sense in terms of gravity going as she's not stuck in place. Considering i had a ctg about 5/10 minutes before this happened I think its safe to say she's fine & my anxiety is getting the better of me. Once again!

GruffaloPants Sun 13-Nov-16 08:56:34

That's good you are being monitored. When I was in being monitored due to placental issues they were happy to put me back on when I was concerned about movements, even though I had been monitored in the morning and was due in again in a couple of hours.

user1471927379 Sun 13-Nov-16 09:02:41

I agree Gruffalopants,it really puts my mind at ease. I do think she may have dropped though because where her bum would normally be its soooo much lower. So hopefully as that's progress!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now