Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Which clothes to best hide bulge...

(9 Posts)
Hulaballoo Sat 12-Nov-16 21:34:30

I've only just gotten my BFP with DC3! I'm so excited but am already feeling full and biliary- if anything like my last 2, my weight goes up very quickly. I really don't overeat and eat healthily... For some reason I just expand 🙁 I really can't let work know until 12 weeks, but I'm usually showing a bit by then. What can I wear? Im a size 10/12... Where to buy that's not too pricey? Thank you! X

finova Sun 13-Nov-16 07:40:05

Layers
I found maternity over bump trousers with a long vest over the top smooths the bump.
Then a loose top over that, or a sweatshirt that isn't clingy, the ones with the band around the waist stop them clinging.
Then a scarf for the final bit of camouflage!

finova Sun 13-Nov-16 07:43:40

m.newlook.com/shop/maternity/tops/maternity-grey-balloon-sleeve-sweater_378669803

This is the sweatshirt I have and it hides my 19 week bump!

babynelly2010 Sun 13-Nov-16 07:44:10

Fluffy blouse with a rubber band at the bottom so it makes like a ball that could be belly or just a ball. I have couple of shirts like that I use, I am 19 weeks put it on and look very unpregnant.

babynelly2010 Sun 13-Nov-16 07:45:08

To add mine came from h&m a while ago

SpotTheDuck Sun 13-Nov-16 07:56:44

At least it's winter so the right time for layers!

The kind of tips with elastic around the bottom (so they stick out like a puffball) are good. Also long cardigans, and wearing floaty scarves. Long line jackets for work.

A colleague managed to conceal her pregnancy till 5 months - I'd noticed her clothing style had changed a bit but nothing else.

ChristianGreysAnatomy Sun 13-Nov-16 08:01:07

I can't believe I'm admitting to wearing one but a waterfall cardigan reall helps. Dreadfully naff bit of clothing but it does hide bumps!

SpotTheDuck Sun 13-Nov-16 08:14:19

Oh yes seraphine does a waterfall cardigan that looks normal at first but is also suitable when your bump gets big!

Hulaballoo Sun 13-Nov-16 12:21:05

Thank you all, I'll have a look at New look and h&m and look out for layers even though it will be a style do overconfusedeek xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now