Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 - 6 weeks, 2 sacs & 1 heartbeat

(2 Posts)
Emmalou91 Sat 12-Nov-16 19:20:01

I went today for an early reassurance scan, due to a miscarriage a while ago, at first glance could see a first sac with a small flicker (heartbeat) everything fine thankfully! However whilst the ultrasound was going on the technician found another sac however couldn't get in a good enough position to see if anything was in there, tried an internal scan and my uterus is tilted back and couldn't get a better picture, we have been advised to go back in two weeks as they couldn't rule out twins. Has anyone been in a similar situation and what was the outcome?

Nikki2ol6 Sat 12-Nov-16 20:26:13

Yes I was but when I went back my empty sac was smaller and my other sac larger with a thriving fetus. When I returned again the small sac was gone completely and my other sac and fetus still thriving. He's 3 now. But that doesn't mean that happens to everyone if your uterus is tilted backwards then maybe that's why they didn't see a fetus in the other sac

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now