Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this normal?! 38 weeks

(14 Posts)
Rubberduck2 Thu 10-Nov-16 20:31:47

38 weeks tomorrow and this child appears to be either bouncing on my cervix or ramming in head first. It's incredibly unnerving, painful and takes my breath away. Feel like I need to clutch myself irrelevant of who is around me or where I am!!

Currently sat on a towel as I feel like I could pop at any moment. I had DD 10 years ago and I don't remember this!! I was induced with her after going overdue.

Is there hope that this could be the start of things???? (lost my mucas plug over the weekend although that seems to mean nothing in the grand scheme of things) and I've had the runs on and off for two days. I don't think I can take this for another 2-4 weeks!!

divadee Thu 10-Nov-16 21:22:51

Sorry to say I have had this since about 16-17 weeks. Still got it now at 28 weeks. Think they find it cosy down there for some reason.

Princesspinkgirl Thu 10-Nov-16 21:49:47

I'm 33 and a bit weeks and baby been head down for a while it's so uncomfortable pushing pressure

Nikki2ol6 Fri 11-Nov-16 09:29:40

I get that feeling too sometimes and I'm 32weeks. It almost feels like my bladder is suddenly about to burst open and I get a sharp pain through my cervix. It's just the baby's head pushing on nerves

AudreyBradshaw Fri 11-Nov-16 11:24:21

38+2 and have had exactly the same thing on/off for a couple of weeks but it seems to be more intense the lower baby drops. My midwife said it's likely baby's head grinding in my pelvis.

Ita the sharpness that shocks me, does take your breath away! Certainly shit my Dh up a treat when I grabbed his wrist and my gut and ended up bent double in the middle of tesco the other day going "oooooooooooooow!"

I haven't lost my plug yet, I could do with baby not arriving till Wednesday evening tbh as I've not got time to have a baby before then grin

Rubberduck2 Fri 11-Nov-16 14:22:23

Thanks for the replies!! Went for my planned monitoring this morning and they said it's all good signs. Then they attempted a sweep but it would appear that things are shut tightly currently!!

Baby is measuring at 40 weeks so I'm going to spend all of next week bouncing on my ball. It's 7lb 2 now... that sounds a nice size to me... slightly concerned as to how big it's going to get!! Worse case scenario I have 3 and a half weeks left!!!

Afreshstartplease Fri 11-Nov-16 14:24:32

Warning ... estimated weight at growth scan is often wrong....

Rubberduck2 Fri 11-Nov-16 14:40:30

In an over estimated type of way yes... YES!?!?! confused

Afreshstartplease Fri 11-Nov-16 14:46:18

I was told 7lb 8 a week before DC was born weighing 8lb 9

Rubberduck2 Fri 11-Nov-16 16:50:14

Dear god that IS massively out shock

PeppaAteMySoul Fri 11-Nov-16 16:53:08

I was told DS would be 6lbs at birth- he was 5lb 2. Think they can be wrong either way!
I'm also 38 weeks and experiencing the fanny daggers. Not much longer for either of us!

Rubberduck2 Sat 12-Nov-16 10:11:07

Have now come out with a full blown cold. This is not fun at 38 weeks. Every time I sneeze there is a real fear I may pee myself.

Not long now
Not long now
Not long now
Repeat.

AudreyBradshaw Sat 12-Nov-16 21:34:41

I've got a cold too rubber I did a sneeze/cough combo and I thought I'd dislodged something important in the nethers!

PeppaAteMySoul Sun 13-Nov-16 12:08:48

I was so sure my DS would be here by now after having DS1 early. I too am repeating the not long now mantra.
Feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now