Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

33+4 no longer constipated! Sign of pre-term labour?!

(5 Posts)
Asia88 Thu 10-Nov-16 15:29:40

As per the topic line - I had issues with constipation this entire pregnancy, however for the last several days I've been going regularly. Happy to feel much lighter etc but have also heard that your body "cleanses" you out before labour?! What are your experiences is this something to worry about or tell my midwife?

I have to say I made effort to half my sugar intake over the last week or two would this have impact?

Thanks

Becciilouisex3 Thu 10-Nov-16 15:56:50

I wouldn't worry about it personally but you can always mention it to your midwife if you like smile

Some people have a "cleanse out" but it doesn't happen to everyone. I didn't have one and I definitely had a full stomach! If you've had no other symptoms of labour it's unlikely that just going more often would be a sign. I wouldn't worry unless you start to notice more painful Braxton hicks, have a show etc smile

Mozfan1 Thu 10-Nov-16 16:00:01

I think you're ok, I'm 33 weeks and my constipation eased up a week or so ago (to my relief!) so I wouldn't worry

But don't be scared to ring midwife if you have any concerns

PeachBellini123 Sat 12-Nov-16 16:50:45

Same Mozfan1 - 33 weeks and only just become regular again! Sugar is awful for you so cutting down may well be the reason.

Andbabymakesthree Sat 12-Nov-16 19:39:30

Snap. I'm sure babies head has engaged.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now