Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Growth scans

(2 Posts)
MrsKBill Wed 09-Nov-16 16:37:38

Been for another scan today - all ok and baby fine! The consultant said I have to go back for growth scans and booked me in for 5 weeks time (currently 23+3). I didn't even think to ask why (feel stupid now). The notes say he is weighing at 1lb7oz and he is transverse with anterior placenta...do you think they are aiming to go down the c-section route?

BabyBumpHopeful Wed 09-Nov-16 18:44:36

Anterior placenta - not a reason for c-section

Baby weight = 1lb 7oz - that's on par with normal but it should double over the next 4 weeks so they could be making sure

Transverse (i.e. lying sideways) is normal before 26 weeks but he should go head up (or down) by around 29-30 weeks so could be checking that.

Could also be dependent on your own weight or your fundal height. My docs do monthly scans for me because of my starting weight and it apparently making my fundal height unreliable.

I wouldn't worry and just ask when you're there (or call now and ask).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now