Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How do you get results of booking in test bloods?

(10 Posts)
Myusername2015 Tue 08-Nov-16 18:48:30

Hi all; I ticked the box last Monday to have every blood test the midwife suggested when booking in; just thinking do they ring you if there's any problems with any of them? I forgot to ask whether I was meant to ring up or do I just assume everything is ok if I don't hear anything? Thanks

Difficultyear2015 Tue 08-Nov-16 18:53:12

I received a letter a week later that I had a problem with my bloods (platelet count)

I assume I would have heard nothing should it all have been fine

I have heard nothing back on the other results

idontlikealdi Tue 08-Nov-16 18:56:04

I don't think I ever heard back and would assume they'd contact you of anything showed up.

Trifleorbust Tue 08-Nov-16 19:22:34

I was told I would hear within a week if there were any issues.

Myusername2015 Tue 08-Nov-16 19:45:19

Thanks all

Nikki2ol6 Tue 08-Nov-16 20:23:28

I got mine at my next app at 16 weeks. I would assume they would call you very soon after if there was a problem

SockQueen Tue 08-Nov-16 20:27:21

I got told mine, and they were written in my book, at the next appt (16 weeks). If there were any issues they'd call you sooner, but if you're at all concerned you can ring your midwife.

frikadela01 Tue 08-Nov-16 20:30:05

I got mine at my next appointment at 16 weeks. The only thing of note was that Im resus negative (I already knew this from donating blood) so was booked for anti d. I had bloods later in pregnancy and was called the next day as there was a problem.

IAmAPaleontologist Tue 08-Nov-16 20:43:01

Any issues they call. If all normal then they will just write the results into your notes next time they see you and if you are rh neg then they will discuss that with you. Nobody will mind if you call the office and ask them to check your results though, some people just like to know.

BreatheDeep Tue 08-Nov-16 20:45:04

My results were posted to me to add to my notes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now