Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Waiting for a bump...

(11 Posts)
061678719x Sun 06-Nov-16 16:12:35

I'm coming up 21 weeks pregnant and have hardly any bump. I'm usually a size 8 so I thought i would show straight away. I just want a big baby bump. Anyone else the same? And anyone else know when I should get a big bump?

SmellySphinx Sun 06-Nov-16 16:16:36

Congrats!
Is this your first? I didn't show with my first until I was 4 months and that was a little bump (usually a size 6/8) On my 3rd at 26 weeks and look like I've swallowed a bowling ball

BelfastSmile Sun 06-Nov-16 16:19:07

It just depends on the person, really. I'm 16 weeks and have a very small bump (it kind of looks like I've just had a big dinner!). I know of one (skinny) person who didn't really get a bump at all - she actually ended up really concerned because people kept asking her if everything ok, whether she was sure she was pregnant etc - all was fine, but she had so much doubt that it was really hard for her.

I'd say you'll start noticing it fairly soon, but it's impossible to say!

FlipperSkipper Sun 06-Nov-16 16:42:25

I didn't get a noticeable bump until 23 weeks. I looked a bit podgy from 18-19 weeks.

drinkyourmilk Sun 06-Nov-16 16:51:31

It's just person dependant unfortunately.

Rinceoir Sun 06-Nov-16 16:53:00

I didn't have much of a bump up until 24weeks. Then suddenly overnight I looked really really pregnant.

StandardLampski Sun 06-Nov-16 16:59:24

First baby - nothing really til 26 weeks. I'm at work now (14 weejs) thought I was doing OK but every time I bend over the poppers on my uniform go....not good! Wasn't expecting this yet!

Annabrooke90 Sun 06-Nov-16 21:20:04

I'm a petite size 6-8 and have 5 babies. Ive carried really small with all of mine. Infact my last baby who was born in July, I didn't tell anyone (not even my parents) until I was 29 weeks pregnant and she was born 2 weeks later at 31 weeks. No one had asked or guessed or had any sort of idea either because I was barely showing. I mean I could tell, but once clothes were on etc I just looked the same. Everyone is different and carry differently, some people just don't get big bumps or some people get them just pop out from nowhere smile

chloechloe Sun 06-Nov-16 21:35:04

Impossible to say! With DD1 I never looked more than 5 months gone even when I was overdue. Now expecting DD2 and I only told work at 24w and nobody had guessed.

AudreyBradshaw Sun 06-Nov-16 21:48:49

Don't rush a bump. Honestly, you'll pop when you're least expecting it. I was probably 25/26 weeks before you could actually tell I was pregnant. I'm nearly 38 weeks now and am sick of the bump so ready to give birth.

Plus, bumps invite comments, which can go either way. I feel huge, but you couldn't tell from the back that I'm pregnant.

jaffajiffy Sun 06-Nov-16 21:53:57

I've still got a generous bump and DS is 14 months grin blush. It'll come.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now