Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

In tears...bloody hormones and anxiety

(4 Posts)
Growingbeanno2 Sat 05-Nov-16 05:15:31

Not sure why I'm posting but I've had enough.(not in a dramatic way)

I'm 34wks. I finished work last week(32+6) with three planned admin days and a meetonf next week.

This is baby no.2 and ever since I've finished work, all I can focus on is worrying about going into labour.

With DS I went into labour just hours after finishing work. It was horrific and ended in an emcs. I'm set on a elcs this time but the wait for the consultant to 'agree' has dragged and I'm just to anxious I'm going to go into labour first.

The thought of labour terrifies me after last time, especially as it seemed that I went into labour as a result of the midwife signing me off as ok for the Birthing centre(38wk app) and so I'm connecting the consultant signing off the section date as a possible sign I'll go into labour.

This all sounds silly when I write it down but I've barely slept tonight. Baby is playing acrobatics and my bladder has disappeared.

Please tell me I'm being silly, that not everyone who goes early with their first does with their second and being over a hundred miles from DH and hospital(planned hospital, I'm not in the ocean) is playing in me more than I'll admit?

Sorry, odd middle of the night post.

Tia

JosephineMaynard Sat 05-Nov-16 05:29:05

Not everyone who goes early with their first does with their second.

DS1 was born at 34 weeks. Spontaneous labour.

DS2 was induced at 37 weeks. A full 3 weeks later.

It's natural to worry when things didn't go so well the first time, but every birth is different and a bad experience last time doesn't mean that you're going to have a bad experience this time.

Desmondo2016 Sat 05-Nov-16 05:51:09

Hiya I'm 32+4 and suffer with anxiety which is worsened in pregnancy (fellow pregnancy insomnia too lol). I dont don't have any pearls of wisdom regarding delivery as I've had 37 weeks induced, 36 weeks spontaneous and 34 weeks induced and emcs. Hoping for another 36 week weeks spontaneous lol.

With regards to the anxiety I always try really hard to separate facts, actions and feelings. Facts are the real issues. Be they medical complications, past experiences, practical situations. Actions are real things I can do to sort or prepare for the 'facts' - phone calls, appointments, research etc. They deserve my energy. Anything left is just the feelings which i know, due to my anxiety, can be skewed and out of perspective. I try very hard to tell myself 'that's because of my anxiety, it doesn't make it real'. Sorry, I'm tired, that's probably waffly crap - I just wanted you to feel less alone in these early witching hours!

Growingbeanno2 Sat 05-Nov-16 06:08:03

Thank you both. The middle of the night makes it all worse though doesn't it.

I'm just feeling out of control, I'm at my parents which is fine but feel a long way away from my safe space.

Think I'm going. To go home today, am supposed to go tomorrow anyway. Hopefully will get more sleep then and feel happier and safer as Ill be near my hospital and stuff!

I feel like such a child!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now