Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what do your stretching pains feel like?

(9 Posts)
drinkyourmilk Fri 04-Nov-16 20:45:16

Just that really. It's my first pregnancy and I'm terrified at every turn that something will go wrong (ivf pregnancy after years of infertility, 2 significant bleeds). I'm 19 weeks, anterior placenta, and my lower abdomen feels heavy at times and then it aches and could be classed as very light cramps- except it's constant not coming in waves. I suspect it's all normal- but I'd hate to take risks.

IDontLookMyAge76 Fri 04-Nov-16 21:54:58

It's my first pregnancy too, I'm just under 15weeks and I get pains a bit like sharp ovulation pains rather than a constant pain. Trying not to panic cause it can be quite sudden and very painful then just goes and I'm not too sure what's happening inside 😕

IDontLookMyAge76 Fri 04-Nov-16 21:56:12

Just wanted to add that i've not had any bleeding so assuming it's just stretching pain and not anything else that I should be worried about

drinkyourmilk Fri 04-Nov-16 22:13:35

I think you are describing round ligament pain Idon't. I get that too, but there are good descriptions online so it's not got me worried.

FuzzyOwl Fri 04-Nov-16 22:24:39

I have had three pregnancies, one of them with an anterior placenta; the first ended in a mmc. With all three, I had period-like cramps and pains.

I find pregnancy a really worrying time but statsically everything is in your favour to be absolutely fine and what you are both describing I have experienced in pregnancies where I have gone on to have healthy babies.

I really hope things go smoothly for you both.

oldlaundbooth Sat 05-Nov-16 00:22:02

Like I've been doing sit ups all night. BTW, I haven't hmm

IDontLookMyAge76 Sat 05-Nov-16 12:11:56

Thanks OP and FuzzyOwl for clarifying 😊

Good luck with yours OP x

divadee Sat 05-Nov-16 13:16:42

I get them like a stitch like pain under my bump. Like I've been doing running or sit ups for a long time. Horrible things.

Johno85 Sat 05-Nov-16 23:02:16

I'm only about 5 weeks but I've been having a real low dull aching/pulling sensation. It comes and goes. First pregnancy so assuming this is normal and just trying to keep calm x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now