Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling shivery and cold early on

(22 Posts)
LeSquigh Fri 04-Nov-16 18:58:51

Hi all

I feel a little bit of a twat posting this because I'm. It even sure it's related to pregnancy but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this early on. I'm 7+4. A bit nervous about it all as had a very recent (and very long and drawn out) mmc, I haven't even had a period in between. I have had a successful pregnancy and have a DS who is nearly 6.

For the last week I have had periods of feeling very shivery and getting so so cold. Like the shivery part of fever without the fever (if that makes sense). Anyone else?

ShimmeringIce Fri 04-Nov-16 19:01:09

Yep, both times! That's what made me think "aha!" with DD2. Congratulations 🎉

LeSquigh Fri 04-Nov-16 19:03:58

Thank you. Do you know what causes it?

isthistoonosy Fri 04-Nov-16 19:09:18

id guess it is low blood pressure, avoid hot baths, standing too quickly, and try to eat some salty foods (not excessive but if you are trying to eat heathy because you are pregnant go back a bit more to normal foods)

I had it with my first a bit.

LeSquigh Fri 04-Nov-16 20:12:43

Thank you

P1nkP0ppy Fri 04-Nov-16 20:19:12

I wonder of you're brewing an infection op, it would be worth getting checked out.

Mummyh2016 Fri 04-Nov-16 20:30:45

Yes me!! I'm 8 weeks today. Went to bed last night in pjs and hoodie. Had winter duvet on, and a blanket. Oh and the heating was on. DH thinks I'm mental, says he's never been so hot.

LeSquigh Fri 04-Nov-16 20:45:02

The strange this is it's not all the time, just randomly for an hour or two and then it goes....

RobberBride Fri 04-Nov-16 21:16:12

I have been getting this. I think it is my immune system taking a battering (immunosuppressed as all pg women are) so I had a horrible cold and am a bit run down. Also more tired and sick, and doing much less exercise because every time I try I start retching.

sharon2016 Fri 04-Nov-16 21:21:36

Yes I had this really early on too!! I remember sat at work with a little heater on full blast and my coat on and still being cold to the bone!! I'm not sure what it was about but I'm almost 38 weeks now so isn't a bad sign at all smile X

cantmakeme Fri 04-Nov-16 22:36:16

Yes. I had it around weeks 6 to 10ish.

mrscrocopop Fri 04-Nov-16 22:52:47

Yes , for most of first trimester I was noticeably colder than usual. I was surprised as expected opposite!

sweetchilli77 Fri 04-Nov-16 23:34:56

I had this too around this time. I was freezing in bed one minute, throwing the duvet off the next......

MouseLove Fri 04-Nov-16 23:37:11

Are you taking your vitamins? You could be lacking some iron which is making you feel the cold. X

R0bins Sat 05-Nov-16 02:51:53

Yeah I had this. Felt shivery like I was coming down with something and generally cold a lot of the time. Wasn't anything specifically wrong & it just went away at some point, probably towards end of first trim. Didn't have it in previous pregnancy though..

MissClimpsonsTypingBureau Sat 05-Nov-16 07:57:14

I had this for most of first trim. Felt a bit flu-ey. All has been well so far (23 now)...

ThatsNotEvenAWord Sat 05-Nov-16 08:00:52

In my first tri I used to go to bed wrapped in so many layers and be shaking with cold. Then halfway through the night I'd have to strip off cos I'd be so hot. It was like my thermometer was 'off'

kshaw Sat 05-Nov-16 08:05:53

I had this but didn't know was pregnant at the time! Lasted about 2 weeks and just could not get warm!

MollyWho Sat 05-Nov-16 08:14:08

I had this too. Not quite so bad as you describe but in the evening when I sat still I would go really really cold but not feverish. I just wrapped up in a duvet on the sofa.

LetsAllEatCakes Sat 05-Nov-16 08:42:53

Yes both times. Then after 20 weeks I was roasting all the time. My midwife said to keep drinking, layer up and have lots of rest and warn showers. I do have lower BP and poor circulation, she thought it was the hormones too.

MrsH87 Sat 05-Nov-16 09:01:45

I had this too! And it was July!

ShimmeringIce Mon 07-Nov-16 20:32:10

I just put it down to haywire hormones in the early days (it was far worse with IVF) sad <- cold and sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now