Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Noro/vomiting bug when pregnant

(11 Posts)
talulahbelle Fri 04-Nov-16 17:31:14

So I'm in the second day of suffering from this, does anyone have any advice? I've had the 12 week scan and all was well, but I'm now fretting about not being able to eat anything or sip much more than lucozade. Nausea worse than morning sickness, immense fatigue, although the aches and shivers have gone.

DH and DD currently fine thankfully.

jimijack Fri 04-Nov-16 17:38:17

Ooh nasty, I had campylabacta (think that's how it's spelt) in early pregnancy, it passed, all was well, sipping water was all I could do for about a week, then when I felt better, went back to healthy eating blah blah blah.
Only advice, fluids fluids fluids and get dh to antibac wipe very surface, loo, toilet seat, handle, and wash your hands like buggery.
Any bleeding, pain, vomiting blood get medical advice asap.

All the best x

talulahbelle Fri 04-Nov-16 18:14:20

I've an ensuite and bottle of bleach all to myself thankfully. Just praying no one else gets it.
What a waste of bonfire night weekend.

Penguina Fri 04-Nov-16 19:24:10

I had one at 38 weeks and barely ate or drank for 2 days.

Just make sure you drink lots and stay hydrated. Your baby will be fine .

Hope you feel better soon!

FourToTheFloor Fri 04-Nov-16 19:29:26

I had it at 9 weeks with dd1 and was violently sick for 24 hours and then couldnt get out of bed for a further 3 days. It was proper grim. I couldn't really eat for a few weeks eit her afterwards. But she was fine.

Hope you feel better soon OP flowers

eastcoastmum2014 Fri 04-Nov-16 21:25:54

I had a horrible stomach bug at about 13 weeks on my birthday 😞 I'm now 27 weeks and my little man is having a party in my stomach! I asked the midwife and she said that basically the baby is a parasite so will take everything they need and leave you with nothing! So you need to be sipping water and looking after yourself and your baby will be just fine! Hope you feel better soon xxx

redjumper Sat 05-Nov-16 14:03:15

Oh poor you! I had norovirus at 10 weeks and that was on top of hyperemesis! I honestly thought I'd die! It's awful but it should improve quickly and norovirus isn't a particularly dangerous virus in pregnancy. Just watch out for dehydration which is much more likely in pregnancy. If you wee less than 3 times daily, if it's very dark or if you just feel dehydrated then see the GP straight away. They'll dip your urine and decide if you need a drip.
Afterwards look out for symptoms of a urine infection which I did get because of dehydration.
If you have diarrhoea for over a week go to the GP and insist on a stool sample in case it's something else.

Littlewoo Sat 05-Nov-16 14:09:50

I had it when I was 20 weeks with Dc2. You have my sympathies, it was terrible. Every time I was sick dc1 toddled in behind me and roared and laughed whilst trying to tickle me. DH was away with work so was on my own. I remember being really worried about the baby, spoke to my dr and she assured me it wouldn't affect the baby. Dc2 is perfectly fine.
Try and drink, little sips and have some flat coke once you've stopped being sick, that really helped me.
Hope you feel better soon.

Alorsmum Sat 05-Nov-16 14:17:00

Lots of sympathy! I had it at 34 weeks when pregnant with DC3 and it was the bug wouldn't die.... Don't know if we all kept reinfecting each other or I just couldn't shake it due to pregnancy but it would last a few days, have a few days well and then come back again.... Until I gave birth at 38 weeks. Pretty sure it sent me into labour finally! The stomach cramps were worse than contractions.
Keep hydrated - little sips every few mins or suck ice. Even if you vom the water back up you will have retained some fluid.

talulahbelle Sun 06-Nov-16 17:45:50

Finally managed to eat today, less than toddler DD but I think I'm on the mend. Not a nice weekend.

chanel223 Tue 08-Nov-16 21:44:31

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now