Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The Moany Middle Of The Night Can't Sleep Thread

(128 Posts)
HughLauriesStubble Thu 03-Nov-16 04:13:17

I was woken an hour ago by an agonising pain in my abdomen. It took 3 bathroom trips before I realised that the pain was from the baby was lying directly on or kicking the bejaysus outta my bladder hmm

There was much poking and 'gentle' encouragement before sprog finally moved. And now because of spd pain I cannot get back to sleep so I'm propped up a bazillion pillows reading mumsnet and wondering if dh would go get me a sandwich if I woke him.

Only another 19 weeks to go!

Anyone else?

DamsonGinIsMyThing Thu 03-Nov-16 04:27:16

Ah that does sound crap! Sandwich sounds like a good idea.
I'm only 6 weeks in, currently on a night shift, which is an absolute bastard with only decaf coffee!

drinkyourmilk Thu 03-Nov-16 04:30:18

I'll come join you. 18 weeks and awake every night with either insomnia, vomiting or vivid horror dreams.
It's a dream tonight. Absolutely awful. I just can't stop shaking and I'm not turning my light off!

StandardLampski Thu 03-Nov-16 04:41:42

Was knackered, early night, now wise awake for last hour and contemplating murdering the snoring oaf beside mehmm

DamsonGinIsMyThing Thu 03-Nov-16 04:45:17

Have you tried a stop snoring ring standard? It's acupressure and must have reduced DP's snoring by a good 80% which has reduced the chance of me launching him about the bed by 50%!

HughLauriesStubble Thu 03-Nov-16 04:46:27

damson I was on nights for my whole first pregnancy, it's a killer! I used to allow myself 1 coffee at the beginning of my shift but I'd still be exhausted by break time and I'd have to sneak off to my car for a power nap blush Luckily my managers were good about it grin

Drink that sounds awful sad I get the extremely vivid dreams but thankfully they're rarely nightmares.

DamsonGinIsMyThing Thu 03-Nov-16 04:51:26

I've had one proper coffee at 2am as I was on the bones of my arse with tiredness. Not allowed to have a sleep as I'm the nurse in charge for the night. Luckily it's a quiet one but I'm looking forward to gettting into bed!

drinkyourmilk Thu 03-Nov-16 04:53:18

Standard I moved my dh into the spare room about 4 weeks ago when I started being awake in the night. Otherwise I would have smothered him.

Wide awake since 4 with 'i might be sick' type heartburn... I don't get how I can still feel so sick 11 hours after I ate dinner?! 38+4 so I can't have to put up with it for to look much longer!

FenellaMaxwell Thu 03-Nov-16 05:52:32

25 weeks here. Had horror dreams that something had gone wrong and the baby wasn't moving anymore. Woke up at 4.45 and the baby wasn't moving. Panicked for half an hour. Baby started moving again. hmm

manhowdy Thu 03-Nov-16 06:49:16

Hello. Been up since 2am thanks to the dreams. Have a cold too and the cumulative effect of weeks of not sleeping and the cold and I now feel like curling up and dying. Dramatic. I am only 29 weeks....I imagine I will have gone completely mad by 40. Good God i'd love some Zopiclone.

manhowdy Thu 03-Nov-16 06:52:59

Is no one drinking coffee at all? I'm having 2 cups a day when I get up (usually about 4-5am) otherwise I am no use to anyone.

Gardencentregroupie Thu 03-Nov-16 06:54:02

Couldn't sleep on my left side because of agonising rib pain, can't sleep on my back because it's not allowed and it gives me back ache, can't sleep on my right side as then I'm millimetres from DH and his inconsiderate breathing ways, can't sleep on my front because the belly gets in the way, and the toddler is up wanting to play bright eyed and bushy tailed at 5.30 am. Ugh.

StandardLampski Thu 03-Nov-16 07:33:35

I went to spare roon ( had to shift loads of stuff off bed though which is why I'd been putting it off)

FenellaMaxwell Thu 03-Nov-16 07:38:50

manhowdy god yes!! I gave up for the first trimester though. Am having one a day plus 2-3 teas.

Scrowy Thu 03-Nov-16 07:58:36

You can sleep on your back, its only a problem if you start to get pins and needles in your legs or feel really faint. Most people will be fine.

Ive got one of those massive U shaped pillows and its made a massive difference to how comfortably I sleep.

Still randomly wake up at 3am every night though

drinkyourmilk Thu 03-Nov-16 07:58:58

I have my caffeine through a coke zero and a chocolate bar each day.
Don't like coffee, and tea makes me ill atm.

HughLauriesStubble Thu 03-Nov-16 08:42:14

I drink 1 coffee and a few teas daily. God knows I need them. Finally got back to sleep at around 530am to be woken at 7am by my 2 poorly toddlers. Never rains but it pours!

RasperryInAMelon Sat 05-Nov-16 02:25:42

Stupidly dozed off on the bed at 8.30pm with sheer exhaustion... 2.24am... here we are...

Desperately need a wee, poked one toe out of the bed and it's FREEZING and still have a killer headache sad

MrsDallowaySaid Sat 05-Nov-16 02:31:04

I'm only 16 weeks but up every night for a couple of hours vomiting or eating or having just had a dream or heartburn. I'm so tired. Why am I not asleep?!

R0bins Sat 05-Nov-16 02:47:56

And me... Hello! Have a 2-3hr awake stint every night, pretty much through the entire pregnancy. So ready to not be pregnant any more! Sore shoulders, heartburn, hunger, carpal tunnel - I am a one woman moan-a-thon grin

RasperryInAMelon Sat 05-Nov-16 03:02:18

DP is silently fast asleep bless him. Really want to wake him to chat but think he'd kill me as I'd inevitably fall asleep if I do...

DamsonGinIsMyThing Sat 05-Nov-16 03:29:48

I'm at work, quite night.
Last nights constipation has resolved, thankfully!

Nikki2ol6 Sat 05-Nov-16 03:44:14

I'm almost 32weeks and I woke up to pee at around 1:30, of course that took less than 1minuet but I can't seam to get back asleep. But saying that my baby is having a good old stretch in there, my partner to the left is breathing quite heavy, and To my right is rain bouncing off the window.

Coffeeandafag Sat 05-Nov-16 05:14:12

Hopefully you're all asleep now! 39 weeks today and sleep has been shocking throughout, for varying reasons. Last few weeks it is due to intolerable itching of my bump. Feels as if I'm laying on a load of crumbs! It's dc3 so no rest during the day times but I'm so used to feeling knackered it just feels normal sadbrew

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now