Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Growth slowed at 34 weeks

(6 Posts)
sammummybee Wed 02-Nov-16 21:54:59

Hello,

I had my 34 week appt today and was measuring too small on my growth chart. This is after I've already been measuring too big at 28 weeks and had to be checked for GD but came back that I wasn't.

Should I be concerned that I'm now measuring smaller and will be going for a growth scan. It's my first pregnancy so am getting fed up and worried about being too big and too small.

Any advice would be appreciated smile

whatdoestheclocksay Wed 02-Nov-16 22:04:54

Does seem strange to go from too big to now too small. Have you had same midwife doing the measuring? Did you go for a scan after being measured too big and was all ok?
I know lots of people who had late growth scans and all was fine, they just have to follow it up if they find an anomaly.
You'll most likely be monitored closely.
However, i was induced at 39 weeks because of this. All was fine but they had babies health as priority.

sammummybee Thu 03-Nov-16 06:28:56

I've had 3 different midwives measuring my bump so I did wonder whether slight variations could have been caused by the accuracy of the measurement.

They didn't do a growth scan on measuring too big, I just had the glucose tolerance test for GD. On the next measurement I was just below the 90th percentile and this time I am just below the 50th percentile....

DuggeeSchmuggee Thu 03-Nov-16 06:37:56

When you say you 50centile do you mean you are now measuring 34cm for 34 weeks? If so I wouldn't worry, bumps grow at different rates and it could be that yours is getting back down to normal size.

sammummybee Fri 04-Nov-16 12:36:18

I had my growth scan today and all is fine at 90th centile and baby was estimated weight of 5lb 9oz so they've plotted me back just below 90th centile. So based on scan baby is now big! Can't keep up!

chloechloe Fri 04-Nov-16 12:41:37

Im glad that the growth scan has shown everything is ok.

It amazes me that in the UK they measure growth by a midwife wielding a tape measure! I'm sure it
causes more stress and unnecessary concern than anything else!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now