Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early pregnancy bloating

(13 Posts)
Ciderandskatesdontmix Wed 02-Nov-16 12:09:05

Anybody else experienced this? I'm only 6 weeks atm but feel so bloated. I'm uncomfortable in all of my clothes, even leggings are digging in! I can't wait to get home each day as the only comfortable clothes are my pj's!!

HighHopes16 Wed 02-Nov-16 12:20:26

Yes I feel the same, I'm only 6-7 weeks but I feel like people are going to notice I'm pregnant soon!!

Ciderandskatesdontmix Wed 02-Nov-16 12:36:59

Same here...not sure how I'm going to hide it for another 6 weeks!

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Wed 02-Nov-16 12:55:41

Oh my god yes I feel insane knowing that my baby is only the size of a grain of rice (6 weeks!) and I am so bloated! Not even lower stomach where bump might be logical but up around my ribs! Feel so fat and uncomfy! And allll the burps. Flipping heck. Had to squint to see my 12w bump with my first!

Ciderandskatesdontmix Wed 02-Nov-16 14:20:13

Yep same here, Upper abdomen bloating... Can't even pretend it's the start of a baby bump!

Stacestoke Wed 02-Nov-16 16:05:40

Yes! I am 22 weeks and had massive bloating from about 4 weeks until about 12. I had to start leaving my trousers undone from about 8 weeks or so as they were just too uncomfortable when sitting down. This is definitely a pregnancy symptom and you are not alone. I had to wear baggy tops for weeks to try and hide it but in reality I don't think anyone would have noticed apart from me.

mrscrocopop Wed 02-Nov-16 22:20:49

Yes! At 4-8 weeks my bloating was so bad ( and painful) I took myself off to bed early as sitting up was so uncomfortable. It does ease off.

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Thu 03-Nov-16 08:29:24

Ok apparently it is more normal than I thought! Anyone got any remedies for it?! Feel like a flipping burpy beach ball

LittleLionMansMummy Thu 03-Nov-16 08:35:49

Yes - I looked about 6 months pregnant right from the word go!

RasperryInAMelon Thu 03-Nov-16 08:42:12

I'm with you ladies! Mine started at about 5 weeks... I'm now 10+6 and am constantly being asked if I'm pregnant! In fact last week at a wedding someone thought I must be at least half way through!

Crystal15 Thu 03-Nov-16 08:46:34

I'm 11 weeks and mines only just subsiding. It was truly awful! I don't mind a bump but I was huge!

bunni26 Thu 03-Nov-16 09:08:13

I'm nearly ten weeks and i feel about 25+ i'm so bloated but don't actually feel pregnant is that normal?

mrscrocopop Thu 03-Nov-16 09:19:33

I never found anything that helped with bloating. But if you're getting a lot of pain from trapped wind I have a trick which is highly undignified but very effective.... get on all fours (elbows and knees) on the bed/floor with your bum in the air and rock back and forth... works like a charm! OH doesn't find it very impressive though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now