Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just back from EPU - Gush of blood!

(11 Posts)
LucieA79 Wed 02-Nov-16 03:03:41

Was laying on the sofa catching up with my soaps... sneezed a couple of times and then felt a bit wet down there. Didn't think much of it as I thought with the joys of pregnancy it was probably a lil dribble of wee. Sat up and felt a huge gush. Went to the loo and there was a puddle in my knickers and I wiped and there was bright red blood. Called 111 who advised me to go to A&E. They sent me up to EPU who checked abdomen, put in a speculum and said there was still a tiny bit of bleeding. I now have to go back tomorrow for a scan. Please keep all fingers and toes crossed that my bubba is OK. sad 12+1

AddictedtoGreys Wed 02-Nov-16 03:19:03

Hope everything is ok lucie flowers

If it helps I had lots of bleeding with my first pregnancy, to the point I was kept in hospital for 4 days. He is now a crazy 3 year old. Bleeding doesn't always mean the worst thing.

Sheddie Wed 02-Nov-16 03:38:28

I had several 'gush' type bleeds up until I was 16 weeks (and I am currently awake feeding a 9 month old) so there is definitely hope that everything will be fine. Keeping everything crossed for you.

toopeoply Wed 02-Nov-16 04:05:10

Ive had it twice. The first was the one with more blood actually, and she's now 4. Second time, was much less but did end in mc. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Have you already had your first scan?

sweetchilli77 Wed 02-Nov-16 08:49:59

this happened to me at 13 week. I woke up thinking id wet the bed. Lots of blood followed by a massive clot.

I had a scan the day after and showed baby fine despite EPU telling me its a possible miscarriage.

The midwife couldn't really explain the bleeding and touch wood i have been ok.
hopefully its the same outcome for you

Jodie1982 Wed 02-Nov-16 09:38:48

Wishing you well and good luck for the scan. Keeping all crossed for you.

bumblebee86 Wed 02-Nov-16 10:25:15

Hope everything goes ok with your scan flowers

LucieA79 Wed 02-Nov-16 10:25:38

Thank you. It's gonna be a long day xx

LucieA79 Wed 02-Nov-16 19:53:42

So so relieved!! So baby is officially a little bugger!! Was jumping around and waving!! Heart beat strong and actually measuring a week ahead!! So I'm 13 weeks today! I do have a small bleed above my cervix. But as it stands they aren't too concerned! SO relieved!! Thank you everyone for your well wishes!!! Means so much!! ❤❤❤❤

Winegumaddict Wed 02-Nov-16 20:01:06

Glad to hear all is well. I had a big bleed at about 14 weeks. EPU said probably miscarriage and booked a scan for a couple of days later well it was happy as a clam on the scan waving away at us. I'm 36 weeks now I can't believe how much they stress you out before they're even born!!

MouseLove Wed 02-Nov-16 20:26:16

Your update makes me happy!!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now