Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

34weeks

(5 Posts)
Lovewatchingrainfall Mon 31-Oct-16 20:13:36

I know I know the answer to this but still here goes.

I'm 34weeks today and baby has had less movement all weekend. Saturday and Sunday baby hardly moved but I did feel movement. And today it has been less then normal.

Baby normally kicks loads in the evening and when I'm trying to sleep. There has been some movement but not as much as normal. Is this baby just calming down ready for birth??

duxb Mon 31-Oct-16 20:21:16

Ring maternity triage and they will likely want to call you in for a trace /check on baby. They tell you to report any changes or reductions in movement for a reason. It's better to be safe than sorry.

I have an anterior placenta and have been in twice for reduced movement - once at 29 weeks and again at the weekend, at 36 weeks.

Alb1 Mon 31-Oct-16 20:21:43

Everything's more than likely fine, but babies don't 'calm down' before birth. Movements can change sensation due to them having less room but they shouldn't reduce. Please phone your maternity assessment unit and ask to go in for monitoring, they say any changes or reductions should be reported and they would always rather you phone for advice. I'm sure everything's fine but always better to be on the safe side flowers

Lovewatchingrainfall Mon 31-Oct-16 20:45:21

Thank you both I did think that is what I should do. I will give them a call.

duxb Mon 31-Oct-16 20:48:10

Glad to hear you will call - i was worried I was 1) being over analytical and 2) would feel like a nuisance but neither were the case.

It's always better to check - hope all is okay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now