Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Normal at 32 weeks?

(14 Posts)
user1464279374 Sun 30-Oct-16 18:23:17

This is my first pregnancy and I don't really get the chance to talk to other mums/pregnant ladies (I'm 25 and the first of the bunch!) so I was wondering whether it's normal to feel the below or whether I should give the hospital a ring?

On Friday I was having severe back pain and stomach pain all afternoon and evening - probably Braxton Hicks - and since then the nausea and dizziness of the first trimester has returned with a vengeance. I'm 32 weeks and haven't had any real issues so far, but over the past 48 hours I've developed a throbbing headache which won't disappear, complete loss of appetite (adding to the dizziness/nausea) and chest pain which could be my asthma but feels a bit out of the blue. This is on top of the usual back pain and groin pain etc. Is this just what we have the joy of putting up with in the third trimester or should I give someone a ring?!

Would love some advice as I'm at my wit's end! sad Not sure how I'll get through a week of work at this rate.

ScarletSienna Sun 30-Oct-16 18:26:11

I'd call. A number of things can cause any symptom but there's a risk of pre eclampsia and they fit that xxx

Ginslinger Sun 30-Oct-16 18:26:49

No one can diagnose you properly on the internet but from what you say I would contact the maternity unit

ScarletSienna Sun 30-Oct-16 18:27:27

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Pre-eclampsia/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

It's always better to be checked xxx

CostaAddict Sun 30-Oct-16 18:38:40

Please contact your local maternity unit/triage. These symptoms sound very similar to what I experienced with DS2 (8 weeks). I had pre eclampsia which turned serious very quickly.

I don't mean to scare you and hopefully in your case it's not. But it's better to get a proper diagnosis and check up by professionals

Heirhelp Sun 30-Oct-16 18:41:48

It is always worth ringing your midwife or if out of hours the labour ward. I found midwives would rather see you than for you to be at home and worry.

user1464279374 Sun 30-Oct-16 19:35:11

Thank you so much everyone - have called and am going to go in. I know the internet is no replacement for a midwife but I always feel bad hassling them when I've no idea what's normal! Thanks again xx

ScarletSienna Sun 30-Oct-16 20:16:18

Please update us if you are able. I was monitored at the hospital so often as my anterior placenta meant I hardly ever felt movement and I can honestly say I was never made to feel like I was hassling or over reacting. Good luck.

user1464279374 Sun 30-Oct-16 23:35:44

Hello! Apparently my platelets have dropped quite dramatically in the past month so that might have something to do with it. And I'm having to stay in overnight to get a chest scan in the morning and rule out any clotting. So will find out more tomorrow! Thanks for the advice, really nice to have some people (other than my partner and mother!) to chat to xx

RonSwansonsBestFriend Sun 30-Oct-16 23:38:39

Ah, you did the right thing. Hope you get looked after and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Never think you're worrying too much, always best to check.

First time pregnancy can be nerve wracking but try to enjoy your last few months, they're the best imho as you're nearly there!

Keep us posted flowers

user1464279374 Mon 31-Oct-16 00:07:26

Thank you! Also Ron Swanson and Leslie Knope have been nightly viewing throughout most of this pregnancy so very nice to (virtually) meet you haha!

Being very well looked after just would like the lady next to me to stop snoring... x

ScarletSienna Mon 31-Oct-16 14:30:23

Ah glad it's being sorted. You definitely did the right thing and it doesn't matter how many times you get checked, they won't mind.

RonSwansonsBestFriend Tue 01-Nov-16 23:10:47

How are you today? I'm only Ron's best friend but I'd love to be Leslie's too gringringrin

Which series are you on?

user1464279374 Wed 02-Nov-16 21:05:11

Hello! I'm back home now, is a struggle to get on with things (work especially, but thankfully being self-employed means I can be in the office when I like) and wanting the next 7.5 weeks to hurry up, but the headaches and chest pains have gone.

Am taking my iron tablets and eating beef and spinach for dinner so trying to up the energy levels! Oh and taking baths twice a day...

How are you ladies doing? How long do you have left to go / how are your babies?

And I'm on series 7!! Potentially feels a little flat compared to every other season but everything fizzles out eventually I guess sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now