Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bump is solid feeling

(4 Posts)
saraha7x Sat 29-Oct-16 09:51:47

Im just over 36 weeks pregnant. My bump is really solid, if i poke it there is no give at all. Is that normal? Over the next few weeks how much bigger is my bump likely to get because there is no room for it to go anywhere confused

thenewaveragebear1983 Sat 29-Oct-16 10:00:41

I was like that with ds2 my belly was like a rock from about 30 weeks. I did have a big baby but it wasn't that, he was just head down, spine out and created a solid bump. I also had lots of Brixton hicks which can give that tight feeling.
You might think it can't get any bigger but somehow it just does!
With ds1 he was lay curled to the side and his head was sort of stuck rested on the placenta- I had such a strange shape and it was hard on one side, and I only had stretch marks on the one side! Weird.

chloechloe Sat 29-Oct-16 19:52:53

I'm 31w and sometimes my bump is the same! I think it just depends on how the baby is lying, so if they have their back at the front of your belly it feels harder.

I'm finding it really difficult to bend over - I have a small bump but it feels like a rock!

AudreyBradshaw Sat 29-Oct-16 19:56:46

I'm 36+3 and my bump as been solid for weeks. It's never really been squishy as such but it's like a rock, especially weird when there's an elbow or knee or whatever moving across, the whole thing moves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now