Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Supplement advice needed please!

(8 Posts)
Silvamoon Fri 28-Oct-16 21:38:16

I'm taking a pregnancy multi vitamin that includes folic acid. I'm now 14 weeks, so believe I don't have to worry about folic acid and the tablet is now making me really sick so doesn't often stay down. Should I keep pushing through or can I move to a standard multi vitamin??? Anyone else had this???

donkir Fri 28-Oct-16 21:40:47

I'd try switching brands. Quite a few woman struggle with pregnacare I know I did so I switched to a supermarket own brand.

dementedpixie Fri 28-Oct-16 21:43:40

No don't take a standard multivitamin as it will contain vitamin A. It's only really vitamin D that's advised after folic acid

happylass Fri 28-Oct-16 23:17:14

Tesco do a melt in the mouth pregnancy vitamin that tastes of lemon and ginger. Only vitamin I can stomach.

TyrannosauraRegina Fri 28-Oct-16 23:19:39

You can buy tablets which are just 10µg vitamin D in Boots - about £2 for a tub of 90.

carmenta Fri 28-Oct-16 23:19:59

I take these, they've been fine the whole way through, no bad reactions.

TirednessIsComing Sat 29-Oct-16 04:47:07

I spoke to my gp who prescribed me some vitamin d tablets with a couple of other supplements I needed added to them. I will not take prenatals again because they made my sickness 10x worse.

Best to ask gp though in case anything in family or your history suggests you need anything else.

Silvamoon Sat 29-Oct-16 08:13:15

Thank you so much guys. Life savers! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now