Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sick sick sick! Nauseous and feeling rough

(8 Posts)
pinkapples Fri 28-Oct-16 12:42:29

Hi everyone,
Just wanted a rant really I'm expecting dc2 and am 6+6 today. Feeling absolutely awful, nauseous all day everyday struggling at work and struggling even more to tolerate many beautiful 3yr old!
Any hints and tips to get me through? I've not been sick just feel it constantly sad

SarahOoo Fri 28-Oct-16 13:54:20

I'm 16 weeks and still a little sick here and there (twice today sob!). I found that being hungry made it so much worse so snacking helped. Keeping sandwich bags handy for sickness when out and about and ginger biscuits seemed to help (whether that was in my head or not I don't care, it helped!).

When I woke up, I'd slowly get up and sit upright in bed for about 20 minutes to get used to the different position. Ritz crackers by my bed for some reason also helped by having some first thing to line my stomach.

I have a super heightened self of smell which made sickness worse so I stopped painting my nails, no more hairspray, hair serum or anything like that!

I can't advise on your 3 year old I'm afraid, I don't know how women with children do the sickness thing and look after their little ones!

Silvamoon Fri 28-Oct-16 21:33:31

14 weeks and still ill. Have found it's worse recently but not for as long, so I get half a day if okay. Very tired when most sick so sleep is my current go to and cream cakes. X

DearTeddyRobinson Fri 28-Oct-16 21:46:26

The only things that helped when I was pregnant with DC2 were Coke Zero, consommé soup, and cucumber in vinaigrette. Yes I'm aware how precious that sounds!! But coke is your friend, sweet, fizzy, and a bit of caffeine to get you through x

SarahOoo Fri 28-Oct-16 22:21:53

I started ok with coke but now I can't stomach it but lemonade is a dream! Currently eating a cream cake 😊....after going to Bluewater to buy bigger knickers haha.

At one point in my bad few weeks I didn't like to be awake and I didn't like to be asleep. I couldn't win and was quite miserable. I am still getting tired very early (although still up at 10.20pm woo!) and now some random nerve is hurting in my buttock and top of my leg!

Bumbleclat Sat 29-Oct-16 08:34:48

San prllegrino lemonade was a god send when Inwas going through 20 weeks of hell the "morning" sickness phase.
I was prescribed promethazine by the Drs too which was the only thing that helped because it knocked me out and I was able to sleep well.
Over tiredness made it so much worse.
I feel your pain- it is dreadful but it will be over- I promise then you can look forward to back ache and acid reflux later on in your pregnancy ;)

pinkapples Sat 29-Oct-16 14:05:27

Thanks ladies
I've managed to eat and hubby has been sent for crackers smile

SarahOoo Sat 29-Oct-16 15:00:28

Yay! I thought I was having a good day but then lost my lunch and my hair wasn't tied back! Lovely! 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now