Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early Scan Confusion - positive thoughts needed!

(5 Posts)
DogOnALeash Thu 27-Oct-16 17:22:53

So according to my LMP I should be 9+2. Went for an early scan today and am only showing 6wks, sac and fetal pole but no hb. The sonographer wasn't fussed about this...? She was even trying to be really positive about the fact that for a 6wk gestation it looked totally normal.

She's booked me in for a rescan next week but I am so confused, I'm mentally preparing myself for the worst just in case but do I keep a sliver of hope alive??

I've had no bleeding, no cramping and no signs to suggest anything was wrong hmm

ICuntSeeYourPoint Thu 27-Oct-16 17:36:37

It could be that you ovulated a couple of weeks after you thought you did - not everyone has a 28 day cycle or ovulates on day 14. I hope everything's ok for you, I don't think there's much you can do but wait another week for a further scan and hopefully you'll be able to see things are progressing then.

MoonlightMojitos Thu 27-Oct-16 17:45:55

When did you have a positive test? Like pp said you could ovulated late? Fx for you.

DogOnALeash Thu 27-Oct-16 18:10:22

I got my first positive on 21/9 which doesn't seem good, even if I had ov'd late I doubt that I would be 3 weeks off.

Deffo preparing myself for the worst

Littlemisssugarplum88 Thu 27-Oct-16 19:20:56

Hope everything is ok Hun. Let us know how your scan goes xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now