Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Washable breast pads?

(8 Posts)
QuilliamCakespeare Wed 26-Oct-16 07:44:00

I'm just starting to think about packing my hospital bag and distinctly remember the horror of plasticky breast pads from last time. I didn't have particularly leaky boobs (supply wasn't great) so am not too concerned about leaking through them which seems to be the main gripe with reusables. Can anyone recommend any brands?

McBaby Wed 26-Oct-16 08:07:29

www.littlelambnappies.com/accessories/washable-bamboo-breast-pads

I used these ones they were geaat so much better than the plastic ones that gave me thrush!!

Cakescakescakes Wed 26-Oct-16 08:09:52

I never tried reusables but did try every disposable brand under the sun and the Lansinoh ones were light years ahead of any others. Thin but super absorbent and actually stayed in place. Just in case you wanted a few as back up if your reusables were in the wash.

On a positive note I was a real leaker both times for months but it was noticeably less the second time. Your body gets into the swing of it much quicker!

SquirrelPaws Wed 26-Oct-16 08:28:45

I bought a pack of cheap bamboo ones from Amazon. They were brilliant. So much softer than disposables, washed and dried really well, and absorbed plenty. The only times I felt soggy was when DD slept an unexpectedly long stretch and I woke up with exploding boobs.

QuilliamCakespeare Wed 26-Oct-16 10:39:01

Were the reusables you bought shaped or flat? Just read a few reviews on Amazon where people were complaining about the pads being very visible through a non- padded bra because they are flat.

Thanks for the Lanisoh recommendation. I'll probably get some disposables too in case I'm not keen on the others.

chloechloe Wed 26-Oct-16 10:52:16

I used the Lansinoh disposable ones too - super absorbable and discrete.

I didn't get on with the washable ones I bought in an attempt to be environmentally friendly. They weren't shaped and looked unsightly through clothes.

Given the number of nappies going into landfill I figured a few pads wouldn't make much difference blush

Mamushka Wed 26-Oct-16 10:55:31

I didn't like the Lansinoh ones that much, or any other disposable ones really. I used the bamboo ones from Amazon which are lovely and soft and didn't feel scratchy on sore nipples. Have saved them for my next baby sad

Mamushka Wed 26-Oct-16 10:55:52

Oops sad face was supposed to be a smiley face smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now