Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does this sound like spd?

(8 Posts)
sophieeleanorxx Tue 25-Oct-16 22:17:44

I'm in unbearable pain just getting out of bed or turning over in bed or even just putting my underwear on and lifting one leg. I feel a lot of pressure there but it has pain along with it too. It calms down if I don't leave the house for the day but if I go out shopping I'm in pain for the next day or two. Walking round the house like a crippled old women is not much fun! Is there anything I can do to even ease the pain? My lady bits feel so swollen blush

Wolfiefan Tue 25-Oct-16 22:18:36

Have you seen a GP or physio?

sophieeleanorxx Tue 25-Oct-16 22:22:11

No I haven't thought too to be honest as I thought maybe this is just another pregnancy thing that everyone has and I am 36 weeks.

Wolfiefan Tue 25-Oct-16 22:25:06

I saw physio and also had a tubigrip thing that supported bump. I would see GP or self refer for physio.

Boogers Tue 25-Oct-16 22:31:57

I had spd both times; with DS I had a belt to wear that held my pelvis together and with DD I was on crutches. Both times I only got comfortable and pain free in the bath. If it is spd then maybe try a pillow between your legs when you lay on your side in bed. My midwife referred me to physio both times so it might be worth having a word there.

36 weeks isn't fun and you have my sympathies for the discomfort you're in! flowers

BabyBumpHopeful Wed 26-Oct-16 03:55:59

No it doesn't sound like SPD.

It could be what I have, which is a type of round ligament pain but mine is related to my pre-existing piriformis syndrome. I see a chiropractor every week to 2 weeks depending on my pain levels. I'm not too bad once I get moving for the day and some bending is worse than the other (like putting on socks and underwear) but bedtime is the worst, as is if I do too much walking, wow it's bad.

Given your lady bits feel swollen, it could also be vulvar varicose veins. She had to get a special pair of underwear to support her.

In both cases they usually go away following the birth.

Bella1985 Thu 27-Oct-16 21:14:14

I have a similar pain OP. How is it with you by now? I'm 30 weeks and it started on the weekend. I have shooting pains when I turn over in bed at night and when getting out of bed. Sitting for long periods at a desk is fine but getting up after that is sooo painful. I've walked a lot today but don't feel any worse, but its not better either sad

I'm seeing a consultant (not about this) on Monday so I'm going to mention it, and again with the MW later next week to see what they say. It sort of sounds like some descriptions of SPD but at other times it feels like its ligament/muscle pain. Putting on socks and shoes is a nightmare.

Have you spoken with a midwife/doctor...?

sycamore54321 Fri 28-Oct-16 00:01:45

Not necessarily SPD but definitely sounds like the kind of pelvic pain a Physio could advise you on. I had a similar thread here a few weeks ago and have since been diagnosed with SPD and DR. My physio sessions, home exercises, a specific support belt and learning new ways to move and manage it have all helped greatly. I still have much limited activity levels though. So please do seek medical advice, the main thing is to prevent long term damage and hopefully to reduce your pain and improve your quality of life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now