Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby not responding to touch 29 weeks pregnant

(14 Posts)
DirectorofDomesticLogistics Tue 25-Oct-16 19:59:21

I saw my midwife at 28 weeks last week and one particular question she asked stuck in my mind, and I don't think I gave her a response because a few other things were happening at once... she asked if baby was moving well - which she does, she never seems to stop moving in fact! But she never responds specifically to me touching or stroking my belly. Is this normal? Or why would the midwife have asked it?confused

DirectorofDomesticLogistics Tue 25-Oct-16 20:00:30

Sorry that should say the midwife asked if the baby moves in response to touch.

Fluffy24 Tue 25-Oct-16 20:02:17

I duon't think DS really did that either tbh... Though I remember hearing about it!

guiltynetter Tue 25-Oct-16 20:05:27

my DD never moved in response to touch, and my midwife never asked.

LolaStarr Tue 25-Oct-16 20:07:24

My DD that I'm pregnant with now is very responsive to touch, but my DS never was at all. They're all different, I wouldn't worry smile

ftmsoon Tue 25-Oct-16 20:08:12

Exactly as guiltynetter put it!

eurochick Tue 25-Oct-16 20:09:07

Mine never did that. She did give monitors and ultrasound wands a good kick though.

Bertucci Tue 25-Oct-16 20:09:11

Mine responded to noise but not to touch.

scrivette Tue 25-Oct-16 20:09:29

Mine didn't respond to touch, stroking or prodding!

DirectorofDomesticLogistics Tue 25-Oct-16 20:09:54

Thanks that makes me feel better just because the midwife specifically asked it I wasn't sure if I needed to bring it up again or not.

DirectorofDomesticLogistics Tue 25-Oct-16 20:11:52

Ah yes now you mention it bertucci she responds to noise - makes her jump just not my prodding her. I'd be prodding right back - "oi get off me" ha ha

EllieM22 Tue 25-Oct-16 20:12:28

I'm 37 weeks and he doesnt seem to respond to anything! But he is very active of his own accord and I have had several ultrasounds and all is fine! Some babies are just like that in the womb 😊

PeachBellini123 Fri 28-Oct-16 22:29:29

Mine tends to stop moving when my belly's touched! That's why DH hasn't been able to feel him (I'm 31 weeks)

BertieBotts Fri 28-Oct-16 22:35:49

I think as long as your baby is moving in a way which is usual for them you don't need to worry about it.

As an aside they are really very well padded in there, perhaps you're not poking hard enough! IME they respond to touch more when they start running out of room - they'll kick things off your bump. Try putting something cold on there too like a cold drink!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now