Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How far am I? Seriously confused! Help!!

(23 Posts)
Laurenb123 Mon 24-Oct-16 20:04:54

So my last period was 12/July however when I was late I took several tests over about 3 weeks which were all negative, put it to the back of my mind and that I wasn't pregnant. But got early pregnancy symptoms, cramps,bloating, sore heavy boobs etc. Then on Saturday I bought another test as my period still hadn't arrived it was positive which going off my last period woke make me nearly 15 weeks, unless I just conceived last month and my other 2 periods were just missing for no reason :s seriously confused. Haven't had chance to phone gp today as been really busy.

EsmesBees Mon 24-Oct-16 20:07:15

Congratulations! I don't think you'll be able to work it out without a scan. Might be worth paying for one privately to get it done quickly in case you are near the 12 wk mark.

Nicnak2223 Mon 24-Oct-16 20:08:33

You need to see a gp and get a scan ASAP. You must know that.

Please call your surgery as soon as it opens tomorrow.

Laurenb123 Mon 24-Oct-16 20:09:32

Thanks I'm hoping my gp/ midwife refers me for a scan to confirm how far I am like I say going off my last period would make me close to 15 weeks, but like I say I was getting negetives for 3 weeks after my first missed period

Laurenb123 Mon 24-Oct-16 20:10:55

Nicnak I plan on phoning first thing in the morning I just seriously never got chance today been so busy this is he first time I've sat down

babyand Mon 24-Oct-16 20:17:50

Your go will give you an estimate by feeling ur tummy

babyand Mon 24-Oct-16 20:18:00

*gp

Nicnak2223 Mon 24-Oct-16 20:19:06

Good luck and congratulations

Imnotaslimjim Mon 24-Oct-16 20:20:19

Once you're beyond about 14 weeks, they'll be able to tell you just by feeling your tummy. Before that, you need a scan to determine it.

Laurenb123 Mon 24-Oct-16 20:23:00

Thanks guys. I don't have any type of bump as of yet, however this will be my 3rd child and I don't usually show until close to 30 weeks, however a trained gp will know what it should feel like. Guess I'll just have to see what happens when I go in tomorrow.

Nikki2ol6 Mon 24-Oct-16 20:54:38

Wow!!! Thought it was going to be another one of those am I 5 weeks or 7 weeks lol. If you lay flat on your bed and breath in, feel your tummy at the bottom. I had a small bump by 8 weeks

Difficultyear2015 Mon 24-Oct-16 21:09:53

I'm in the same position.
Last period mid July.

Negative test 5 weeks later but tons of pregnancy symptoms and I swore to DP I was pregnant before taking the test.
Then put it to the back of my mind as it was negative.

I then took another test 1st week of October as I dreamt I got a positive test and it was positive.

Went to docs straight away who said they would refer me to midwife and put me at 7 weeks because I told them I had a negative test and that obviously meant I definitely wasn't pregnant at the time!

Ive got a definite bump. I can't fit into anything and I'm feeling the baby flutter.

I'm still waiting on midwife booking appointment which I don't expect for another few weeks.
By which point I could end up being over 20 weeks by the time I get my scan.

I have tried calling and telling them but no one seems to listen and must just think I'm trying to get in for an extra early scan.

So frustrating

kshaw Mon 24-Oct-16 21:20:24

I've had the total opposite difficulty - my last period was the 25th July ish, wasn't keeping track as long as it turned up as wasn't trying to get pregnant. First test after first missed period was negative, Didn't think much of it. Second missed period and have had 6 positive tests (I've checked, a lot!) ...told docs and have first scan tomorrow and I'm 13 weeks today...I rang and chased the maternity place direct (after initial doc appointment) as was getting worried and was going to book a private scan - maybe worth giving them a ring! Good luck!

Difficultyear2015 Mon 24-Oct-16 21:50:14

kshaw that's positive news. How did you find out you are 13 weeks?

Laurenb123 Mon 24-Oct-16 21:57:32

@difficultyear2015 Sometimes the hcg takes longer to show up or we could of just ovulated later. Some people don't get a positive for weeks even though they were pregnant the full time. Hopefully docs/midwives send us for scans ASAP because there's a big difference between 4/5 weeks and 15-20 weeks.

Laurenb123 Mon 24-Oct-16 21:58:17

I swear I've been having pregnancy symptoms since my first missed period but because I got a bfn I thought it was all in my head.

Difficultyear2015 Mon 24-Oct-16 22:19:09

Same here!
I been telling myself it's all in my head!

Laurenb123 Mon 24-Oct-16 22:25:43

Hopefully we find out soon

kshaw Tue 25-Oct-16 04:27:27

Well, I'm saying I'm 13 weeks by the date of my period, this is what the doctor told me to do - I actually think I'm 11 weeks as that takes me to a drunken night with my other half and have a feeling this is where a slip up has happened! Hopefully tomorrow will tell me properly!

Redkite10a Tue 25-Oct-16 10:11:36

Have you ruled out problems with the first test you took? I kept getting negative tests for 3 weeks using test strips I already had and then bought a new test and it was positive. Turned out the old tests were passed their use by date.

kshaw Tue 25-Oct-16 10:25:49

It was an old one and to be honest it was a cheapy too, I checked the date before I did the test and was in date but I didn't do it first thing in the morning either...the positive tests the next month turned instantly!

Laurenb123 Tue 25-Oct-16 11:23:40

Does anybody know of a nurse practitioner can refer me for a scan I can't get an appointment with any other healthcare professional for 3 weeks my doctors surgery are really bad for appointments but have managed to get one for today with a nurse practioner

kshaw Fri 28-Oct-16 16:36:49

My midwife today asked me if I self referred or the doctor did so I assuming you can call the maternity department and try directly? Worth a shot instead of waiting three week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now