Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain in only one breast - 22 weeks

(8 Posts)
UnoriginalNN Sat 22-Oct-16 09:15:53

This has been going on for about 3 weeks now. It got much better last week but is back with a vengance! It's my left breast - never just in one place and it varies between a stabbing pain to a prickly feeling. I've done breast massage, etc and no permanent relief. I have been checked out twice by my GP and there's nothing to feel and I can't actually 'make' them hurt by touching them, it just happens randomly. I have got a breast clinic referral, but I'm having a bit of a wobble and am really worrying now. Anyone got any experience of the same?

babynelly2010 Sun 23-Oct-16 08:18:04

Brest clinic will find the issue. If it is one stop type they will have all the equipment to find the problem. I have a mass in by breast and I had shooting pains until about 12 weeks. I was referred to breast clinic. Had almost all answers on the same day.

UnoriginalNN Sun 23-Oct-16 08:58:15

Thanks nelly, I hope it was good news for you. I am hoping it's just pregnancy related.

Scrowy Sun 23-Oct-16 09:08:35

Hi OP

I had this a few weeks ago (now) 25 weeks. As far as I'm aware it's a fairly normal part of pregnancy, I never thought anything else of it to be honest. Just complained about the stabby feelings to anyone who would listen grin

I also had a little bit of milk leakage around the same time which I assume was related. Again apparently totally normal.

Scrowy Sun 23-Oct-16 09:09:29

Oops that bracket should have closed after 25 weeks not just around now blush

UnoriginalNN Sun 23-Oct-16 09:26:22

Thank you Scrowy - was it just the one breast then? This one has played up for me in the past but it's getting so annoying now!

Scrowy Sun 23-Oct-16 10:11:28

Yep just the left one. Got stabby pains on and off for a couple of weeks, sometimes they were so painful I would grab it and go 'OUCH'.

luckily I have understanding and experienced colleagues who laughed at me told me it was normal.

UnoriginalNN Sun 23-Oct-16 10:26:25

Thank you so much, I feel like less of a freak now!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now