Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

1st trimester confusion

(5 Posts)
Horriejak Fri 21-Oct-16 21:57:38

Hi Ladies
Im 7wks into my 2nd pregnancy. It appears this one is the opposite to my 1st. I have had a few days of spotting, constant nausea that is so bad i find it hard to function (no vomiting though) and stomach pains for most of the day. The stomach pains and nausea limit me to what im able to eat, more than a sandwich means its very uncomfortable. Has anyone experienced anything like this before or do i have something aswel as morning sickness?

mightymouse76 Fri 21-Oct-16 22:27:18

Hi Horriejak

Sorry to hear you're feeling rubbish. I'm 9 weeks and have had what you describe, although intermittent hours or days of soreness and stomach/lower abdomen cramps and pain rather than constant. The nausea has been crippling, and I think the knock on effect of a sudden change in diet doesn't help.

Apparently all this is common, but to be sure could you perhaps give your GP a call on Monday? I was given an early scan at 7 weeks for reassurance.

Are you on an antenatal thread here for your birth month?

Horriejak Sat 22-Oct-16 17:55:14

Thanks for replying. The pain is in the upper stomach, is that normal? Ive had spotting on and off for over a week too :-(

haveacupoftea Sat 22-Oct-16 18:07:50

I would ring doctor on call i dont want to scare you but spotting could be a sign of ectopic pregnancy confused

Horriejak Sat 22-Oct-16 18:24:14

I spoke to a midwife last week who said as long as it isnt dark red she wasn't overly concerned. But with everything else thats been going on i am a bit concerned x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now