Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

brown spotting at ten weeks

(6 Posts)
JOMH1982 Thu 20-Oct-16 11:57:10

Hi Ladies,

So, I had a successful ten week scan yesterday which showed all is well atm, however, last night upon wiping I had some light brown spotting and have had some more today. I haven't got any pain and still feel nauseous, could this be ok? Trying to think logically that I've had a scan within 24 hours and that showed a healthy and developing baby, but still unnerving to see all the same. I'm on progesterone pessaries so maybe that's irritated my cervix?
J xx

LottieL Thu 20-Oct-16 12:29:15

I had the same. Light brown spotting when I wiped, didn't worsen and went away a few days later. No reason could be found for it but EPU said extremely common, that it's old blood coming away and without red blood or cramps it should be fine.
I'm 20 weeks pregnant tomorrow 🙂

Rya2710 Thu 20-Oct-16 12:44:28

I had brown spotting for a couple of days and everything was absolutely fine:-) it's scary but try not to worry xx

Christmasbaby16 Sat 22-Oct-16 19:07:44

I had this on and off for around 6 weeks until about 14 weeks, try not to panic but if you are, ring down, they really doesn't mind

JOMH1982 Sat 22-Oct-16 20:13:46

Thank you very much ladies, I thought I had responded before, so my apologies. I actually had a scan on Friday morning (yesterday) and that showed a ten week baby grooving away, so so far so good. Thanks for your kind words xx smile

TurquoiseDress Sat 22-Oct-16 20:39:05

Hi OP

I would def call the midwives & get booked in for a scan.

For me, I had brown spotting at 12 weeks which unfortunately didn't have a good outcome (missed miscarriage).

It's always worth getting any vaginal bleeding (whether brown or red or pink) checked out & it cannot be dismissed as completely normal.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now