Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Waters starting to break?

(3 Posts)
Garlickylicky Wed 19-Oct-16 10:29:01

Morning! Just want to quickly see if anyone here has had any experience of this - I'm 41 weeks pregnant. Had a sweep last week that didn't do much, but I have since lost my plug.

Overnight when I went to the toilet I noticed a lot of sticky white and clear discharge. I also had a few very mild stomach cramps overnight (but I've had cramps on and off for a week anyway). Then this morning when I got up i noticed that my underwear and pj bottoms are wet. Not soaked through - the bed sheets are fine so it is really only a little bit, but they are definitely wet.

I've been ringing the labour ward but nobody is answering so while I wait I just wanted to see if anyone else had an experience like this, where waters only broke a tiny tiny bit and not accompanied by any proper contractions?

Dixiechick17 Wed 19-Oct-16 13:42:47

My waters broke a little and then I kept getting small gushes every time I stood up. They went fully three hours later when I was in established labour, hope it starts for you soon smile

AddictedtoGreys Wed 19-Oct-16 14:21:23

I had this about a week before my DD was born. It was just excessive discharge. the midwife told me to put on a pad and if in an hour it was wet to call them back in case it was back waters so maybe try that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now