Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Evening Primrose - let me hear ya!

(8 Posts)
Dlah Tue 18-Oct-16 09:53:17

38+6 today, just back from midwife (stand in to usual) and she mentioned evening primrose - orally and inserting.

Just did a quick google and quite a few positive stories, so I popped pharmacy and got some, have just taken one, and thinking 500mg orally in morning and 500mg inserted before bed.

What are you experiences?

Baz13 Tue 18-Oct-16 10:33:11

Not tried EPO but have heard it's good for ripening the cervix. I'm 38+3 so going to get some and give it a try.
I'm also drinking raspberry leaf tea and bouncing on the ball (to get baby in a better position as she was back to back 2 weeks ago)- Every little helps smile

Will watch this thread with interest

HughLauriesStubble Tue 18-Oct-16 18:40:15

I used epo orally with dd and was also drinking bucket loads of rlt and massaging clary sage into my bump so covering all bases grin I went full term but my labour was short and relatively painless (did hypnobirthing too), midwife said the rlt can really help with the effectiveness of contractions smile

Craftycakey15 Wed 19-Oct-16 17:46:26

Very interested n this. I asked my midwife about epo and she said not to bother, just take the rlt. I do have some at home though, was scared to take without her agreement.

How much tea are you drinking? I was told one cup a day at 37 weeks; two cups a day at 38 weeks and three cups a day from 39 weeks.

Craftycakey15 Wed 19-Oct-16 17:47:13

I have also bought clary sage oil but was told to add some drops to my bath water.

HughLauriesStubble Wed 19-Oct-16 23:41:03

I drank rlt from about 32 weeks and started with 1 cup a day. By the last few weeks I was chugging back 4-6 cups a day blush

The clary sage I diluted in a carrier oil and massaged into bump because the house we lived in at the time had no bath. I used to always get cramps after it but it never did much more than that.

The epo won't do anything unless the baby is ready to come anyway I think smile

Baz13 Sat 22-Oct-16 11:59:44

OP how have you found taking epo? I haven't purchased any yet- keep forgetting!

Dlah Sat 22-Oct-16 12:30:58

Been taking one capsule in morning and inserting one in evening - still pregnant lol

Probably started it too late tbf, midwife said thy normally say from 36 weeks but I wasn't told until just before 39

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now