Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second trimester, feeling rubbish

(8 Posts)
vgiraffe Tue 18-Oct-16 09:39:47

Just wondering if anyone is still struggling with not feeling well later in pregnancy? I had a pretty good first trimester but I'm now almost 25 weeks and just seem to have been feeling worse as the weeks go on! It's not every day luckily but I have had quite a few days off work when I have been feeling sick, tired and generally run down (hard to describe what the actual symptoms are, just feeling rubbish!). Haven't actually been sick once so I know I'm lucky compared to others but it's just frustrating as thought this was the time I am supposed to bloom! Is it likely to get any better or just worse??

Metalhead Tue 18-Oct-16 16:05:56

I'm sorry to say that with DC2 I felt pretty rubbish throughout! Constant nausea for the first 4 months was very soon replaced by constipation, backache, headaches and anything else you can think of... hopefully you'll feel amazing in the third trimester though! grin

AButterflyLightsBesideUs Tue 18-Oct-16 19:00:56

I feel like shit too. 26 weeks here.

Very severe nausea (required drugs) for the first trimester. I've been utterly exhausted from about 5 weeks onwards, currently my eyes are stinging and my head aches and I just feel cold and half dead.
I've had a bout of awful piles but a course of steroid suppositories has rendered them not painful for now (though still there)
I've been in physio because the loosened pelvis made my left hip pop out and sit too high so I was in a lot of pain trying to move. Sorted now thankfully. Just achy and not as mobile as I'm used to being.

Now I am just exhausted and glum and having some nausea again and praying it is just a mild version or preferably fecks off completely.

Stressed and miserable and under the perinatal mental health people for anxiety and antenatal depression.

I hate being pregnant!

MrsH87 Tue 18-Oct-16 19:55:01

Yes! I was promised boundless energy throughout my second trimester, but it never came. Migraines did though, and restless legs. I also had a fairly easy first trimester so I know I am lucky. 26+3 and mercifully no bad head for 2 weeks!

vgiraffe Tue 18-Oct-16 20:01:39

Oh Butterfly that sounds awful! I feel lucky now to not have had any of that!! I know everyone's different but it just seems everything you read tells you how you will feel fine in the second trimester! Here's hoping it starts to ease off for us all, fingers crossed grin

Helbelle75 Tue 18-Oct-16 20:02:10

I'm 15 weekdays, so only just out of 1st trimester, but feel terrible today. So tired and quite dizzy. Hoped i'd start to feel a bit better by now.

AButterflyLightsBesideUs Tue 18-Oct-16 20:10:23

Oh I forgot about the silly low blood pressure that has me wandering around as if mildly pissed a lot of the time but blacking out in the supermarket was less fun!

All this week just be memories in 3 or 4 months though ladies. Hang in there.

vgiraffe Tue 18-Oct-16 21:46:28

Ah yes, low blood pressure had me too. Have only been close to fainting though, managed to avoid it so far!

Despite feeling rotten I am still enjoying pregnancy, more so now that I am showing and can feel baby moving smile I'm sure the next 3-4 months is actually going to fly by and it will all be worth it in the end!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now