Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice needed please

(6 Posts)
Alicejj8x Mon 17-Oct-16 09:40:30

Hello! I will be 2 weeks tomorrow late on my period... I did a pregnancy test Saturday morning my first wee.. and nothing appeared on the test so I just left it .. I checked this morning as I was clearing out my bag and there was a positive line!!! So I did another wee about half hour ago and it was saying negative?! I just woul like to know some of your opinions please I've booked a doctors appointment for 11 today.! I have attached the pictures

NathaliePadd85 Mon 17-Oct-16 09:56:28

Hi Alice,

Those test can turn out being positive after a certain time lying around that's why you should normally read the results like the instructions says.
The best is to see your Dr. today asking for a blood test.
The ß-HCG level would show if you are pregnant in early stage.
Finger's crossed and good luck.

scaevola Mon 17-Oct-16 10:05:31

OP says she's two weeks late, so would therefore be 6 weeks pregnant.

So it probably is time to ask if the GP can confirm pregnancy by blood test, and then be referred to MWs.

Alicejj8x Mon 17-Oct-16 10:15:02

Thankyou both!
Yes I don't really think I am pregnant I have had no signs other than being 2 weeks late tmo! Which could be for a number of reasons I suppose..
I think it probably is a evap line but I shall talk to the doctors today and then let you no! Thankyou both xx

ahundredacre Mon 17-Oct-16 10:23:01

I think the following is true: We all have a tiny amount of the hormone that triggers a positive pregnancy test, even when not pregnant. That's why there is a time limit. Pregnancy increases the level so the test is triggered to quickly turn positive. If you aren't pregnant, but leave it for a long time, you can get a false positive as the test slowly reacts to the tiny amount that is naturally present.

Alicejj8x Mon 17-Oct-16 18:07:38

Doctors told me it was negative but to test again next Monday if I haven't had a period by then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now