Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weird neck bruise?

(5 Posts)
Allibear Mon 17-Oct-16 02:20:51

I don't really know where to post this but I've had a strange 'bruise' on my neck for weeks and tonight I've noticed all of a sudden my whole neck looks bruised in places, almost like I've been strangled but obviously no one has been near my neck?! I literally can't think of what would have caused this, it doesn't hurt at all just looks strange! Hoping it's just another crazy pregnancy symptom ?!

Allibear Mon 17-Oct-16 13:41:13

Anyone?!

Jodie1982 Mon 17-Oct-16 15:24:17

That doesn't sound normal. I think you need to get it looked at.
Sorry I'm of no help.

SarahMOs Mon 17-Oct-16 20:08:22

Pregnancy does make things on your body worse, my sister had a small red skin tag on her neck and it really flared up when she was pregnant. Thankfully it was all ok. Make an appointment with your doctor, best to check!

TerriB84 Mon 17-Oct-16 22:06:00

What colour are these 'bruises'?Could it be pigmentation? I've
had darker patches of pigmentation appear on my neck and sides of my boobs during this pregnancy. I hadn't really given it much thought but just googled and apparently there is a thing called 'mask of pregnancy' that can occur where the body produces more melanin. This definitely fits what I have but don't know about yours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now