Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breast pain - what is normal?

(3 Posts)
Mamushka Sun 16-Oct-16 22:04:46

I've heard of sore or tender breasts being common during pregnancy. But I've got such an odd pain. It feels very much like mastitis/blocked duct, which I had occasionally when BFing my first DC. It is kind of a sharp soreness in a specific area of one breast, under the skin, kind of inside the breast.

Is this normal? I woke up with it this morning and I felt quite worried as normally you associate breast pain with danger/cancer warning sign, which I'm probably just being a hypochondriac about...

Squtternutbosch Sun 16-Oct-16 22:49:51

Actually pain is rarely a sign of breast cancer, or not one of the early ones anyway.

That's not to say don't get it checked out, you definitely should because if it's a blocked duct or mastitis or something it needs treating. But try not to panic and jump straight to cancer- it's very unlikely.

flowers

McBaby Mon 17-Oct-16 06:24:18

You can get mastitis in pregnancy so I would get it checked with a doctor. It might just be all the breast tissue developing and changing ready to make milk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now