Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sorry in advance this is disgusting!

(7 Posts)
ellie252 Sun 16-Oct-16 00:29:59

Here's the situation;

14 weeks pregnant (first baby).

My poo's smell so bad it's unreal - I've literally gagged and thrown up at the smell of them at the moment!

..and god help me when I accidentally fart in the car! Haha. shock

My diet is good, I am being sick a lot still so I'm surprised there's anything to come out but is this normal?

Sorry for the TMI! Just didn't want to google it - you never know what may come up haha!

5one5 Sun 16-Oct-16 00:33:26

The progesterone slows down your gastric motility, keeping the poo longer in the intestine, giving it more of a chance to build up that bacteria making it smell!

SNAPSY Sun 16-Oct-16 00:35:41

Got to love being pregnant! It could just be a heightened sense of smell. It's common in pregnancy, I felt sick at all sorts of smells, and had to learn to breath through my mouth rather than nose!
It might be a good idea to mention it to your midwife or doctor on your next appointment, a bit embarrassing but they will have heard it all before and won't bat an eyelid. Good luck.

ilovemyCheebie Sun 16-Oct-16 00:36:20

Your sense of smell is so much stronger at the beginning of pregnancy I think. my flatmates cooking made me gag and heave at that stage of pregnancy

thecatsarecrazy Sun 16-Oct-16 10:52:45

Its normal. I was on loo once and leaning over and throwing up in sink at same time. Nothing glamorous about pregnancy

SarahMOs Sun 16-Oct-16 14:09:43

I feel the same (also 14 weeks!) but I THINK it's my crazy heightened sense of smell! 14 little weeks has really given me some disgusting stories....vomit, wee....you name it!

memyselfandaye Sun 16-Oct-16 14:11:01

I farted like Seabiscuit throughout my pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now