Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weight in 1st trimester

(2 Posts)
Difficultyear2015 Fri 14-Oct-16 12:35:18

I found out last week that I was pregnant. I have PCOS and havent had natural periods for as long as I remember so no idea how far along I am.
I also have graves disease with hyperthyroidism that comes and goes.

This has meant my weight has been kept at a healthy BMI.

Last time I weight myself I was 10.5 stone.

I went for my initial appointment at the docs to refer me to the midwife and he weighed me and I over heard him say 74. Which I assume is kilograms. That works out at 11.2 stone which means I have potentially put on 9lbs since becoming pregnant!

I have a noticable bump, but because I cant give any LMP dates my doctor has currently said I am 6 or 7 weeks (unlikley) and its up to the midwifes to put me in for a dating scan if they think i need one.

What i am wondering / worried - is 9lbs too much? If I am only 7 weeks could this just all be water retention? I dont look fat other than my tummy. My legs, arms and face are all normal looking.

I am guessing from my record of symptoms that I became pregant 9 weeks ago, but would 9lbs still be too much for that?

MyBreadIsEggy Fri 14-Oct-16 12:39:08

In both pregnancies, I've gained what felt like loads of weight in the first trimester really quickly, and then gained very slowly through the rest of the pregnancy.
When I had my DD, I gained 19lbs overall between booking and the day she was born. This time around, I weighed 53kg at booking and was 56kg 4 weeks later blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now