Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sweep at 37+5

(5 Posts)
Chocoholicmonster Thu 13-Oct-16 12:19:31

First baby. I'm due to be induced on Saturday. Had a sweep this morning & I'm already 3cm which I wasn't expecting!

I'm just after other peoples sweep experiences - did it work? How long afterwards did things start to change / progress?

Dixiechick17 Thu 13-Oct-16 15:18:00

That's great. I was 3cm when I had my sweep and that was on a Wednesday, I went into labour on the early hours of Monday morning and he arrived early morning smile friends of mine have had sweeps at 1cm and popped that night or the following day, fingers crossed your sweep brings on labour before Sunday.

Dixiechick17 Thu 13-Oct-16 15:18:30

Meant she arrived not he

Swearwolf Thu 13-Oct-16 15:27:14

That's brilliant. I had a sweep at 41 weeks, went into labour the next day, she was born two hours later. Good luck!

Strokethefurrywall Thu 13-Oct-16 15:31:05

Yep, I was 37 and something as well - had sweep at 9am, was already 3-4cm but no contractions, one massive contraction at 11am followed by waters breaking, DS1 arrived 4 hours later.

If your cervix is favorable and baby is well engaged it can certainly bring things on.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now