Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity Policy + TTC ... Help??

(2 Posts)
Foxes2016 Thu 13-Oct-16 03:15:26

Hi Mumsnet,

So to cut a long story short, I've been working at a company for 11 months now and their maternity policy is that you have to have worked there 26 weeks prior to the 15th week before your expected week of childbirth which is absolutely fine for my current role. However, before me and my partner decided we wanted to start TTC I went for an internal interview and got another job which I'm extremely happy about and I start on 24/10/2016. Our plan is to start TTC next week and I just wanted to know if anyone is aware how maternity policy's work in terms of internal job movement? Will I still receive maternity pay regardless of whether I've been working in my new role for 26 weeks prior to 15 weeks before expected week of childbirth considering I've already been working at the company for 11 months already or not? I worked out that if the maternity policy starts again for my new role that to be covered for maternity pay the earliest I could possibly TTC would be 31/10/2016 and although I know it's only a few weeks difference we really want to TTC as soon as possible! So if we get pregnant before 31/10/2016 will I still receive maternity pay after I've moved jobs internally?

Thank you so much for any help!

catmombaby16 Thu 13-Oct-16 03:35:55

Yes you will. It's internal. So your t&cs apply from your start date with the company.

Good luck! star

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now