Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cvs at Queen Charlotte's or Fetal Medicine Centre?

(5 Posts)
Alina2307 Wed 12-Oct-16 22:17:52

Hi there. I am 7 weeks pregnant and I'm preparing to have a CVS test because both me and my husband are cystic fybrosis carriers sad
I have to decide if I'm going to have the test done at the Hospital Queen Charlotte's or at Fetal Medicine Centre. What would you recommend, cus I'm stuck and don't know where to go.
Thank you all very much.

LBNM19 Wed 12-Oct-16 22:54:51

Can't recommend which hospital, but just wanted to say good luck with the CVS me and my partner are carriers of an autosomal recessive condtion, so have the same 1 in 4 chance. My first son is affected, 2nd not affected and im 27 weeks pregnant with my 3rd who is a carrier. Had the cvs with my last 2 pregnacys and its a horrible wait. If you search baby centre genetic cariers lots of info on there and someone maybe able to help in reguards to which hospital x

Barefootcontessa84 Wed 12-Oct-16 23:14:37

Both places do so many on a daily basis that I'm sure they'll likely be just the same. Good luck flowers

Alina2307 Thu 13-Oct-16 10:37:45

Thank you very much for your responses. I just have to relax a bit and havd faith but it seems so difficult to do so smile

SarahMOs Fri 14-Oct-16 13:23:45

I had one on 5th October at the Fetal Medicine Centre at Kings. They were very professional and friendly. Our initial results came back very quickly on the 7th by telephone and waiting now for the further tests. While I was nervous and scared I knew I was in very capable hands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now