Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anxiety medication and pregnancy

(2 Posts)
AnxietyCentral Mon 10-Oct-16 21:31:49

I have recently been to the GP regarding my severe anxiety as it was crippling me and I started to get really low thoughts of harming myself.

I have since found out I'm pregnant (I already have a DD who is 10 months) and my GP in conjunction with a consultant in antenatal and postnatal mental health would like me to take Sertraline.

I'm feeling really anxious about taking the medication and it harming the baby- I've coped with my anxiety up until now, albeit badly and I just think I should power on through until I've had the baby and then decide whether to take medication? The doctor thinks I should take it but now I'm not sure.

Has anyone else had experience of taking this whilst pregnant?!

LBNM19 Mon 10-Oct-16 22:42:50

Hi, i suffer with anxiety and had severe anxiety during my 2nd pregnancy. I took setraline from about 20 weeks. It really helped and my son is fine he will be 2 on Saturday. Hope you start feeling a bit better soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now