Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else had Pleurisy in pregnancy?!

(5 Posts)
LynseyH Mon 10-Oct-16 17:51:48

Hi all.
I was told I have pleurisy at the weekend. I was thoroughly checked beforehand for blood clots and gall stones etc.
Blood clots were found in my legs but were dissolving so apparently no issue to me now...I'm 22+3 pregnant.

I know the basics now, keep pain relief topped up but otherwise try sit it out as not allowed the anti imflammortary drugs....so I just wondered about your stories?!

Have any of you had it? How long did it last for you? Did you find any home remedies helped?

The trick about lying on the side it hurts does not work for me!! It hurt far too much to do that!

LynseyH Tue 11-Oct-16 08:02:44

No one?! I was hoping for other stories hmm

babyhamish Tue 11-Oct-16 09:27:07

I have had it before earlier this year but not while pregnant, I do have inhalers for asthma and they were the only thing that helped ease my breathing and plenty of rest! Could your gp get you an inhaler? Hope you feel better soon Xxx

babyhamish Tue 11-Oct-16 09:28:00

Ps...... Was given steroids for 5 days but they didn't really do much anyway! Xxx

LynseyH Tue 11-Oct-16 13:17:50

Thank you for sharing smile I've read a few times the meds aren't great so at least I'm not missing out on much!
I'm not sure about an inhaler as I don't usually suffer with anything... feeling 'ok' today but then evenings seem to be the worst, especially when trying to lay down in bed!
I just hope I'm a lucky one who will only have it a short time as I also read it can last months shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now