Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby doesn't move that much.

(7 Posts)
LBNM19 Sun 09-Oct-16 20:41:58

I am pregnant with my 3rd baby, i am now 26 weeks and he just doesn't really move that much. I can go all day without feeling him and only really do in bed a night. Very diffent from my other pregnancys. Would you be worried? I am thinking of calling the midwife to speak to them about it x

Heirhelp Sun 09-Oct-16 20:50:36

Any concerns should always be checked. Have they said where the placenta is?

closephine85 Sun 09-Oct-16 21:03:13

take a look at this website, it may help you www.kickscount.org.uk/mums/your-babys-movements/

But I would definitely check in with your midwife just to make sure all is ok.

LBNM19 Sun 09-Oct-16 21:04:15

Yes its not anterior, i did have an anterior placenta in my last pregnancy and still felt him move more. I just thought i would be feeling him more by now x

RaeSkywalker Sun 09-Oct-16 21:05:17

I'd definitely call for a check.

Whooptydoo1 Sun 09-Oct-16 21:06:58

My son didn't move anything like as much as my daughter did, he is now a healthy whirlwind, if his movement has always been less than your other pregnancies then this may be normal for him, changes in movement tend to be worrying, I'm assuming you had the anomaly scan at 20 weeks? All that said, I think it would be a good idea to speak to your midwife, she can have a listen and send you for a scan to put your mind at rest flowers

SquedgieBeckenheim Sun 09-Oct-16 21:07:10

I never felt DD much during pregnancy, that was her normal. I believe they say now its the pattern rather than the amount of movements that matter. However, if your babies movements have decreased, or you're worried at all, get checked out by the midwife.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now