Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

If you had been busy all day and not felt much movement. Then you sit down for the night.....

(13 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Wed 05-Oct-16 20:39:36

And an hour passes with no movement at all. But you are sure you felt a couple of odd little movements during the day. How much longer would you leave it ?? 27wks

Marzipants Wed 05-Oct-16 20:41:42

Drink something sweet and cold then have a little lie down. Hopefully your bump will be dancing soon.

Bigfam Wed 05-Oct-16 20:43:02

Have a cold drink and lay on your left side, wait another hour, if you don't feel any movements then I'd call hospital. Hope everything's ok.

ThisUsernameIsAvailable Wed 05-Oct-16 20:48:20

I have this saved on my iPad for this question flowers

SeashellHoarder Wed 05-Oct-16 21:10:49

Just to second the advice above, you should be getting this checked out if you haven't felt moment, or normal moment.

Call your labour ward for advice. They won't mind.

welshweasel Wed 05-Oct-16 21:11:29

I'd be on the phone right now!

FoofFighter Wed 05-Oct-16 21:12:29

Phone now

Notsure1234 Wed 05-Oct-16 21:33:29

Phone now. I went to hospital loads of times and was eventually induced for reduced movement. Sometimes 3 x per week.

I did find that before 28 weeks midwives didn't seem that concerned though

allthekingsshoes Wed 05-Oct-16 21:39:26

Yes call the hospital now (whilst drinking something hot or cold or sweet whilst lying on your side ).

Nikki2ol6 Wed 05-Oct-16 22:03:02

He started dancing soon after I wrote this. It thanx everyone I guess all my moving around and rocked him into a very deep sleep

Bugsylugs Wed 05-Oct-16 22:10:53

Glad all moving but reiterate above try cold drink lie down if nothing phone for advice. The advice needs to be to at least a midwife and not an answer phone waiting for a reply if in doubt pitch at a/e or your unit

lr12345 Wed 05-Oct-16 22:14:20

I always find something spicy wakes up my baby.

sycamore54321 Wed 05-Oct-16 22:42:44

Don't ever delay if you notice a reduction. Even if it might hav gone unnoticed because you were distracted and busy earlier in the day. In my country the recommendation is for six movements in one hour after a cold sugary drink. Otherwise straight for monitoring. If in any doubt, always go. Glad your baby has woken up again though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now