Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I normal?!

(14 Posts)
ladyderbs Wed 05-Oct-16 15:08:36

Hi, I'm 25+4 and I am so so lazy. My body is just so uncomfortable to move around (I have put so much weight on I darent even check how much). I am having every weds off work to catch up on housework etc but when it comes to it I just laze around all day until my husband comes home from work. My washing pile is MASSIVE and everywhere is so unorganised. To top it off I'm pretty sure I have high blood pressure or something as I keep seeing my pulse in my eyesight when I stare at nothing, got my midwife appointment tomorrow. Getting up and going to work is an absolute chore and I am so shattered and aching just by sitting behind a desk all day. Is it normal to feel like this at 25 weeks? I'm counting down the days until I go on maternity leave! I hate leaving my house as I look horrible too sad

Tootsiepops Wed 05-Oct-16 15:10:42

I did nothing for my entire pregnancy. It's hard work growing a human.

buckyou Wed 05-Oct-16 15:13:59

Yep i feel like that. I'm 22 weeks and all I want to do is eat and sleep!! Unfortnutely i have a teething toddler stopping me from being fully lazy though.

I keep feeling a really strong pulse in my neck but i have low blood pressure (90/60), so i wouldnt worry.

Gmbk Wed 05-Oct-16 15:35:32

I'm almost the same as you OP. Somehow I'm managing a full time job but that is about it. My DH is a wing wonderful regarding cooking and cleaning (although I am having to organise him slightly!)

Do you have any other dcs? I don't! The pulse thing I get in my head rather than eyes but it's still wierd.

melibu84 Wed 05-Oct-16 15:41:43

I was exhausted throughout my pregnancy. My DP used to joke about me sleeping all the time, because I did sleep all the time! I was working full time, too, commuting from Kent to London every day. As soon as I got home, I'd have enough energy to eat, and then I'd just crash.

Like Tootsie said, growing a human is hard! You should ask your DH to help out a bit more smile If he says no, find a list of pregnancy symptoms and guilt him into it lol

Mozfan1 Wed 05-Oct-16 15:44:35

Yes op you're normal smile you're growing a person!

MrsH87 Wed 05-Oct-16 15:46:14

I'm 24+4 and had a pretty easy first trimester, but the second has been much harder. Very bad headaches and yesterday a migraine with aura (never had that before, my vision was so distorted I thought I was about to have a stroke!). I get the pulsey eye thing too, but my bp has been fine. Also counting down to mat leave... still 11 odd weeks to go sad You're not alone (I'm actually lying in bed right now).

ladyderbs Wed 05-Oct-16 16:53:54

Thanks ladies!! This makes me feel better! I've actually just had a full on hormonal meltdown at my husband, he is very supportive and does everything but I make myself feel guilty about being lazy and useless!! Feel much better now I've had a good cry though, actually got make up and going to go and see the mother in law for dinner! I have 8 weeks left at work and they can't go fast enough!! smile

NeverAShadowOfDoubt Wed 05-Oct-16 16:57:52

I sympathize with you massively OP. I feel the same as you at 21+4 only I'm carrying twins. My desk job is nigh on killing me! I am in tears by the time I have driven 35 minutes home and collapsed on the bed. I have no idea how I'm going to last another 8 weeks til my maternity starts.

BUT oh I do enjoy a good moan with people in the same boat. smile

emsyj Wed 05-Oct-16 19:27:35

I am 29 weeks with a full time job, a 6yo and a 3yo and professional exams in one month. My husband works away for half the week too and I am so exhausted I could cry. Roll on mat leave - 7 weeks and counting....
grin

Mozfan1 Wed 05-Oct-16 19:31:40

Emsy are you due 23rd Dec? I am smile (I'm 29+2 I think...)

CharminglyGawky Wed 05-Oct-16 19:46:46

I'm about 26 weeks and knackered. I tend to be lazy anyway but this is bonkers blush

I have a cold at the moment so am being doubly pathetic, but colds when you can't take decongestants really really suck!

emsyj Wed 05-Oct-16 20:56:10

I am due 18th Dec Mozfan. Really looking forward to a couple of weeks off whilst the kids are in school/nursery to clean and to relax before the madness begins.

Mozfan1 Wed 05-Oct-16 21:22:40

Exciting! Good luck with everything, get some rest if you have the time! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now