Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning Sickness - When does it stop!!

(17 Posts)
Khaxby Wed 05-Oct-16 11:49:24

I'm in my 12th week and my MS is just as bad as it ever was. I find that whilst I'm not actually sick very often, the nausea and retching is constant. I literally only have relief for about 3 hours a day. It's so awful sad when does it go away? I thought it would start to ease by now?

EvansAndThePrince Wed 05-Oct-16 12:02:19

17 weeks in my first pregnancy though that wasn't the sickness gone, just better. It finally stopped properly about 6 months in. This time I've been lucky. You can ask your GP for medication.

divadee Wed 05-Oct-16 12:16:16

I'm at 23+2 and still going with the nausea! Sorry!

I went to the Drs at 17 weeks as I couldn't take it anymore and the medication they have given me actually does help. Not taken it away completely but made it manageable.

PotteringAlong Wed 05-Oct-16 12:18:34

Ds1 - about 14 weeks
Ds2 - still throwing up when he was born at 41+5

Dc3 - had all gone by 13 weeks

VenusRising Wed 05-Oct-16 12:21:18

Mine stopped at 14 weeks. Suddenly, and then I felt marvellous.
But I was retching up till then, like yourself not vomiting, but just totally nauseous and not up to eating healthily at all.
I couldn't stand handling raw food, especially meat. Even thinking about raw meat would set me off retching.

I suppose someone will come along to say, have you tried ginger biscuits, the cancel the cheque of early pregnancy!

In the meantime, try to rest, drink water and take folic acid 400mg per day.

Khaxby Wed 05-Oct-16 12:37:15

Thanks ladies.

PotteringAlong DS2 sounds like my mum was with me. I hope that's rare sad

VenusRising I know what you mean about ginger biscuits! I've eaten biscuits, drunk ginger tea and ginger beer along with mint tea and all the things. They do not work smile

Do the doc's give you medication if you aren't being sick but just constantly feeling the nausea?

divadee Wed 05-Oct-16 13:33:58

Yes they will give medication for nausea. I was only being sick 5-6 times a week but feeling nauseous 24/7. Nausea is totally debilliatating. Worse than being sick sometimes.

cocopops88 Wed 05-Oct-16 15:12:45

Hasn't stopped for me, 31 weeks and still sick each morning. I have had about 10 days off from being sick, which started about 6 weeks for me!

Khaxby Wed 05-Oct-16 15:25:31

Sounds awful cocopops88 sad hope you get some relief

I guess I'll just need to keep my fingers crossed hmm

Khaxby Wed 05-Oct-16 15:25:55

Sounds awful cocopops88 sad hope you get some relief

I guess I'll just need to keep my fingers crossed hmm

McBaby Wed 05-Oct-16 17:58:41

I'm with you on wanting it to stop. Feel sick 24/7 started antisickness medication a couple of weeks ago and it only works at night so at least I'm not waking to be sick then. I can be sick up to 10 times a day, wearing sea bands the whole time. It started at 3 weeks and i am only 8+4! Hoping it ends v v soon it did go by 12 weeks with my two girls.

SharkBastard Wed 05-Oct-16 18:02:23

Oh God I feel your misery! I'm 11+3 and I'm being sick every day! I puke in the morning, usually after breakfast, then I just feel sick and heaved all day.

My first pregnancy wasn't as bad but the nausea ended at 16 weeks...not sure I can take much more.

May have to get to the GP

Nikki2ol6 Wed 05-Oct-16 20:37:05

I wasn't sick once last time! Not once!!! This time I was sick until 19 weeks!!!

KateTheShrew Wed 05-Oct-16 21:00:35

Just to offer a glimmer of hope, I still felt misrable at 12 weeks -- not vomiting but constant nausea and also retching: it got a lot better at 15 weeks, and by 17/18 weeks I felt pretty much back to normal bar the usual pregnancy tiredness and having to eat really regularly

When it's in full swing it does feel like it will never end, though, and I think it feels worse around the 12 week mark because that's when we sort of expect it to start easing.

Also I second previous posters who've encouraged you to go to the GP if it doesn''t improve very soon. I know it varies wildly between doctors, but mine was happy to prescribe medication for severe nausea/retching without vomiting - I only took one tablet a day (and didn't take one everyday) and stopped entirely at about 14 weeks, but it definitely made a difference during the worst days/weeks and helped me to eat and drink.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

MrsGsnow18 Wed 05-Oct-16 22:06:16

I hoped that someone would have a miracle cure on heresad
My sickness has only started but i'm nauseous all day. I tried sucking boiled sweets, it didn't help.
I do find that small snacks of carbohydrates is the only way for me to eat. Dry pancakes etc.

MrsGsnow18 Wed 05-Oct-16 22:06:57

Hope you get a break from the sickness soon!

Sugarcoma Wed 05-Oct-16 22:15:28

I'm 14 weeks with persistent low-level nausea especially at night sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now