Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Extremely uncomfortable 2nd pregnancy

(4 Posts)
user1473193597 Tue 04-Oct-16 21:36:25

I'm pregnant with my second child and while I actually enjoyed most of my first pregnancy, I am really struggling this time. I am 31 weeks and for several weeks the baby has been putting so much pressure on my lungs and stomach, I feel like I can barely breathe, drink or eat at times. With my first, I only felt this a little bit but it wasn't nearly as bad. I feel like I may be carrying high but I was the first time around too. Is it normal that the second one feels so different?? I also read somewhere that in second pregnancies the baby "drops" much later. Is this true?

divadee Wed 05-Oct-16 07:08:14

I am 23+2 with my second pregnancy and they are like chalk and cheese. I cannot believe how different this pregnancy is and how much I am struggling with it.

I can't give much advice with carrying high as I have the opposite and she has decided to make her home very low and batters my cervix all day.

OpposableThumbs2 Wed 05-Oct-16 08:10:30

My second was hideous after a fairly easy first one. To make it worse I went 9 days over. Sorry I'm not being very reassuring.

billabye Wed 05-Oct-16 13:53:21

Hi OP I'm 30 weeks with my second and also much more uncomfortable than with my first. Bending forwards is really difficult. I'm also carrying really high and at my last 2 growth scans my baby has been transverse. I think this explains the discomfort I'm feeling. Has your midwife said anything about your baby's position?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now