Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Support Belt Suggestions

(7 Posts)
Laura05 Sun 02-Oct-16 20:42:44

Hi ladies,
I'm 17weeks and I've been struggling with major pelvic pain since pretty much the beginning!
Can anyone recommend a support belt? This is dc3 but I didn't need any support with the others so not sure what to go with.
I'm currently seeing a reflexologist and I've got a physio appointment coming up but I have been advised by mw to get a support belt as physio no longer give them out (budgets etc)
Thanks xx

starsinyourpies Sun 02-Oct-16 20:44:47

Carriwell Maternity Support Band (Medium, Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001VBZAVQ/ref=cmsww_rcpp_api_Xnw8xb4MKZYM0

Really helped me!

Laura05 Sun 02-Oct-16 21:05:15

Thanks! Do you find the band type ones roll? I'm constantly on the go (which doesn't help!) and wondered if these are a pain for having to readjust?

starsinyourpies Sun 02-Oct-16 21:16:43

Once I get it on right it doesn't!

Bellabelloo Sun 02-Oct-16 22:37:42

Are these recommended for everyone? What happens if you don't wear one?

Laura05 Mon 03-Oct-16 10:08:20

I've been advised by gp and mw to get one to help keep my pelvis in place and to lift baby to try ease pressure. I'm only 17weeks so don't actually have much of a bump (I don't carry large) so struggling to decide what to get.
I don't actually know what happens if you don't get one but I don't think I want to find out lol

Abby21 Mon 03-Oct-16 10:11:40

serola belt....I had severe SPD and this helped a lot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now