Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Exercise

(5 Posts)
heatherlondon Sun 02-Oct-16 10:37:07

Hi ladies - I'm 14 weeks pregnant and just wondering what exercise I can do? Feeling so tired and bloated. I want to get physical!!

Dlah Sun 02-Oct-16 11:23:03

Swimming! Whilst the whole of idea of being in a swim suit puts some people off, if you're not used to exercise, it's perfect and supports joints and bump

RuskBaby Sun 02-Oct-16 12:07:20

I love yoga, pregnancy yoga is easy for beginners, chills you out and I sleep so well the night after.

ricepolo Sun 02-Oct-16 12:17:08

Yoga is relaxing but no good for weight control/burning calories.

Did you do any exercise before? If so, you're generally ok to keep going provided it's not something seen as dangerous (e.g. Kickboxing) and you modify as necessary (e.g. No lying flat on your back for too long).

Otherwise I second swimming. Also walking as much as you can. Cheap, easy and very effective. Light weight training is also fine provided you don't go heavy or do isometric (ie holding in one position) lifts.

Lots of pregnancy dvds also. Try the 10min solution pregnancy Pilates and Erin O'Brien's pregnancy fitness fix.

Obviously if you have any medical issues discuss this first with your midwife and be sure to stop exercising if anything feels odd.

Jojo13 Sun 02-Oct-16 17:10:56

Swimming.
And when I got big all I wanted to do was be in the pool cos it takes the weight off..!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now